Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fall admission 2021

rqun3737rqun3737 Alum Member
in General 97 karma

I just talked to one of my friends, who admitted Yale but decided to defer to 2021.

I simply wonder, how many people do you guys think will do the same things as my friend did. I guess, the more people in this cycle choose to defer, the harder for us to get in law school in the upcoming cycle.

It's really disappointed... If all students choose to defer, would that means we have to get 180 on LSAT in order to get in law school?

Comments

• The JudgesThe Judges Free Trial Member
    364 karma

The only thing is the schools have to approve such deferment. Schools will not allow the whole class to defer it is simply bad for business and these schools are businesses.

• Kiva_180Kiva_180 Member
    130 karma

@"The Judges" That's true for a lot of schools, but places like Yale don't really care that much about making money in the short term.

Yale Law has a 1.2 billion USD endowment. Their concern with allowing some or most of a class to defer will be with their reputation among employers, and they've had time to fill up deferred spots from the waitlist to mitigate that.

Unfortunately that probably does mean that a larger number of seats in the T-14 will already be taken when the next cycle starts. That will cause a trickle-down effect, probably making things a little more competitive down through some of the top 50 schools.

But, the difference will probably be less than 100-200 applicants across the entire T-14 (we'd be seeing more waitlist movement if it were more), which won't have such a huge impact. I'd expect that at a school like Emory, for example, it would maybe take 1-2 extra LSAT points to get in compared to previous cycles, worst-case scenario.

• rqun3737rqun3737 Alum Member
    97 karma

Also, there might be more people applying to T14, given the econ situation. So, it was like, more applicants but less spots?

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

I think this just means you gotta get in your apps extra early this time to stay competitive