Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I Use 7Sage PTs or LSAC Prep Plus?

Davidb123Davidb123 Alum Member
in General 70 karma

Hey everyone, I'm just wondering if the digital LSAT more closely resembles the 7Sage format for practice sets/tests or if it resembles LSAC's "prep plus" interface more closely?

I'm taking the June flex and I'd prefer to be PTing on whichever interface is closer to the real thing.

Thanks.

Comments

• MelvinBuffettMelvinBuffett Alum Member
    31 karma

LSAC said that we should get familiar with the prep plus interface because it will be the interface for the flex test so I'd go with that. To be honest, I think 7sage's interface works a lot better but unfortunately we'll have to deal with some of the finicky mechanics of LSAC's system.

• Davidb123Davidb123 Alum Member
    70 karma

Thanks Melvin

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

What are the key differences? Not sure it's possible to spend the money on it.

• edited May 2020 410 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    What are the key differences? Not sure it's possible to spend the money on it.

Their highlighting and underlining features are totally whack. So developing a strategy that doesn't rely on page breaks, highlighting, and underlining (ie. writing down important words) is something you'd realize you have to do after doing a few PTs on LSAC Prep Plus.

One of the worst feelings using LSAC Prep Plus initially is in an RC passage when you're trying to highlight then suddenly you highlight the entire passage, or it doesn't highlight what you want, then you realize you've wasted 20 seconds just trying to highlight a few words or something. Any familiarity you get to those techniques then not being able to use them would be potentially detrimental.

7sage's system also just generally feels more snappy and responsive. Lots of small detail things, but I think comfort and familiarity is important.