Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Duke Law D.C. Summer Institute on Law and Policy

Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited June 2020 in General 5740 karma

We want to let you know about a pre-law summer program (online this year, thanks Covid) from Duke Law school.

It's hosted by Prof. Neil Siegel who also happens to be the professor behind our Constitutional Law Explained course. He's been running this program for a few years now.

The program takes place over two separate two-week sessions. You'll get to take law classes with Duke Law professors and meet special guests like U.S. Senator Mike Lee and Dana Remus, Chief Counsel of the Biden for President Campaign and Former Deputy Counsel and Deputy Assistant to President Barack Obama.

More information and registration here.

Comments

• mlhinklemlhinkle Member
    292 karma

Is this something you would recommend?

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14039 karma

@mlhinkle Yes. Prof. Siegel is a renowned Constitutional Law scholar. I feel fortunate to be able to work with him to build our course. And I've learned a lot, to put it mildly.

Although I've not personally done the program for obvious reasons, I believe it will be a great opportunity to get a peek of what the law school experience will be like.

• sk144404sk144404 Core Member
    237 karma

This seems like a great opportunity. I am thinking of taking at least one of these courses - is this something you can put in your Law School application?

• carolinetomancarolinetoman Core Member
    13 karma

I took Professor Siegel's course last summer and learned a lot about the way legal actors think! Would definitely recommend.

• AwokenNovaAwokenNova Alum Member
    176 karma

Wow! They're even in the evening. It's actually possible for working people. Makes me so happy

• Climb_to_170Climb_to_170 Alum Member
    426 karma

Seems interesting but I'm a little concerned it will interfere with my ability to study and sit for the July 13th LSAT. At the same time, I do think it would be great to mention this in a "Why Duke" essay when the time comes. Thank you 7sage for the information!

• egabrielegabriel Free Trial Member
    7 karma

This is really interesting. Is the target audience those who are studying for the LSAT or those attending law school in the Fall/already in law school?

• AttJazz08AttJazz08 Alum Member
    63 karma

Would anyone else know of any other possible similar summer institutes this year? I am definitely interested in the curriculum. However, I checked out the website and unfortunately it's not exactly a cheap 2 weeks, even as an online institute. Could it still be a good idea even if Duke is not exactly a target school?