Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Too many circled questions - 7Sage Forum

Too many circled questions

sidlaws10sidlaws10 Member
in General 21 karma

Hi everyone! It’s my first post on 7sage so here goes..I just finished my diagnostic test and am getting ready to start the blind review process. I haven’t done much of the core curriculum. When I circled questions while doing the test I found that I was certain about almost none of the questions. On one LT section I have twenty questions circled. Is this too many to be beneficial? Or is this pretty typical when first starting out?? Thanks!

Comments

• NerfThisNerfThis Alum Member
    edited May 2020 173 karma

@sidlaws10 said:
    Hi everyone! It’s my first post on 7sage so here goes..I just finished my diagnostic test and am getting ready to start the blind review process. I haven’t done much of the core curriculum. When I circled questions while doing the test I found that I was certain about almost none of the questions. On one LT section I have twenty questions circled. Is this too many to be beneficial? Or is this pretty typical when first starting out?? Thanks!

You haven't even learned the basics as you stated you haven't finished the core curriculum. It's not surprising to see someone who hasn't study the test, ending up circling almost all the questions during their BR on their first diagnostic test.

• sidlaws10sidlaws10 Member
    21 karma

I’ve just gone by the syllabus. So I should go back and blind review my diagnostic later? Or just take my score for what it is and move on i the curriculum?

edited May 2020 173 karma

@sidlaws10 said:
    I’ve just gone by the syllabus. So I should go back and blind review my diagnostic later? Or just take my score for what it is and move on i the curriculum?

I would recommend just take a mental note of your score, as that is your starting point, and go ahead with the CC.

BR is an opportunity to take time and really think why the correct answer is correct, and why the incorrect ones are not. Based on your post I don't think you'll get much results from BR since you don't have the theory down yet.

Try retaking the same test after you go through the CC, BR then, and compare your scores.

21 karma

Alright that’s what I’ll do! Thanks so much for the advice

173 karma

@sidlaws10 said:
    Alright that’s what I’ll do! Thanks so much for the advice

no problem! Good luck :)

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

It's good that you have a lot of questions. This is one way we learn. Take your best guesses and maybe make notes about your thoughts. Then consult the forums. One person's question is often shared by many other people. If not, please don't hesitate to ask away.

21 karma

Thanks so much! I have another question already..I’ve planned to take a year and study, but I also would like to take the lsat before spring in addition to the May 2021 test. I’m curious if it is recommended to just stick to my study schedule for the May lsat and just take the test in November or December regardless of where I am? Or is there a certain point in my studies that I need to reach before even considering taking the real test?