Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weekly Goal-Setting & Accountability Thread

2»

Comments

• pseudonymouspseudonymous Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    521 karma
    @msoliviaj You can do it!! Push back if you have to, we're here for you! :-) Not in a creepy way either, but a motivational one. Just keep swimming!
  • JengibreJengibre Member
    383 karma
    Oops. Did not do what I had set out to accomplish last week. I blame the flu. I did take and BR preptests 54 and 55. Luckily now there's a new week to make progress! This week I must:

1. Finish fool proofing games from 54 and 55
    2. Watch video explanations from 55
    3. Seriously finish MSS and Weakening drills
    4. BR 4 RC science passages
    5. 1 game a day
    6. Preptest 57 for Monday Group BR
  • mepujalsmepujals Alum Member
    103 karma
    This thread is amazing- just commenting here so I can find it later! you all are an inspiration! Also good to know that I'm not the only one who has been building fundamentals and not taken *too* many pts at this point (4 including the diagnostic)- planning on going hard with PTs this weekend and forward XD
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    The Blind Review/Blind Answer explanation (Typing out explanations for all 52 LR questions) of PT 36 took up almost all of my time last week. I improved from my diagnostic (141) to (154) and my BR from 153 to 167.

This week, I’m spending time obsessing over the 15 questions I got wrong on BR and reading the germane Manhattan LR book sections (Mostly Assumption Family and MSS). My goal is to get as close to a 180 on BR before I start worrying about timing and drilling.
    Also, Reading Chapters 1-5 Manhattan RC
    Foolproof LG for 1 hour/day
    On Sunday, I'll take what ever PT the BR group on Saturday is working on.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor PT58 on Saturday, and methinks PT59 on Monday?
    7468 karma
    Will do 60 next week. I do 1 PT/2weeks
    521 karma
    It's May!! Time to get cracking with the PT and review marathons.

- PT 59 complete review and fool-proof
    - PT 60 and 61
    - drills and exercises for target areas
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    AHHHHH I CANT BELIEVE ITS MAY!

-- PT
    -- RC timed section (x2)
    -- LR timed section (x1)
    -- review

x5 all of the above
    7468 karma
    5 PTs? Plus 5x 3 extra sections!? Whoa! You're an LSAT Monster!
    edited May 2015 7965 karma
    All 7sage all the time (with some Manhattan RC mixed in). PT 60 on Saturday BR BR BR

6am-8am + 6pm-10pm like someone who anticipates working 80 hours a week in about 5 years' time.

@blah170blah @DumbHollywoodActor psssssst PT60 Saturday BR group 7pm EST ... be there/be square if you dare ...
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    Yes! I've taken a lot of the PTs that have been BR'ed in the group thus far but I have not taken PT 60 yet! WOOHOOOOOO

@DumbHollywoodActor Perks (I guess?) of having nothing to do but the LSAT.
    7468 karma
    Sorry. I did PT 38 this weekend. Blame @amanda_kw. Her brilliant explanation in T's Progress Journal scared me off doing a later test until I’ve got my fundamentals down (which I equate with a BR 180). But I plan on hitting the Group BR hard and heavy once June rolls around.
    edited May 2015 7468 karma
    @blah170blah enjoy it. It’s been a long time since I had only one thing to do, and that time was when I was on my paternity leave from work for 2 weeks, and that one thing to do was staying awake all day and all night to take care of infant twins. In other words, I have no idea what you’re talking about, but hey, if you knock out a 180 because of it, more power to you.
    7965 karma
    @blah170blah then you gotta do !!!
    7965 karma
    PS — for a lot of us, most of the tests are retakes ...
    7965 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor Well I don't think a BR of 180 is necessarily how you should gauge your readiness for going hard on PT's. I don't want to name any names or numbers but I can tell you for damn sure that almost none of us in the BR group typically (or hardly ever at all) BR at 180. And several of us have 175-180 as a hard-and-fast won't-sit-for-it-til-I'm-there kind of goal. So ... maybe give yourself a little more latitude and when you feel like doin' the group ... you do you ;)

And I blame @amanda_kw for a lot of things like that so I totally understand ... :D He he he ...
    383 karma
    This week I will:

-take and BR PTs 60 and 61
    -re-do games from 58
    -finish weakening drills
    -1 game and 1 RC science passage per day
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    This week I'm just trying to survive =/
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    First time doing this.
    Goals for the week

-PT 61, 60, 62 on Mon,Wed,Sat
    -Drilling 30 questions from LR Most Difficult Cambridge Packet on Tues, Thurs.
    -Sunday off
    7965 karma
    @emli1000 awww girl! Take care ...

This week I'm working on SA/PSA in 7sage and we'll see how far I get with that. Want to cycle in more timed sections (and BR them) as I was time pressed on my last PT which tells me I'm out of practice. LSAT time is truncated this week as I am slammed at work and also have a part-time gig as a legal assistant (score!).
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    @nicole.hopkins aww thanks girl! I'm trying..
    7468 karma
    Last week, I BRd PT38 with a score of 172. I find typing it out really helps, though it took 3 days. I worked Manhattan LR Assumption Family stuff. And Foolproofed at least 4 games per day (it’s starting to get meditative).

This week, I’m still working through Manhattan LR: Strengthen/Weaken and Conditional Logic. I plan to drill all the LR questions I got wrong on my previous two tests, mostly to work the process for timing (My average time for most NA, strengthen and weaken questions is around 2:00 per question. Way too long) I’m also considering ways to improve my ability to read abstract material. I picked up “How to Read A Book” by Mortimer Adler (a book I’ve always been meaning to read) and I’m considering practicing some of his techniques with some very difficult texts (Maybe Principia. I’m feeling a little nuts).
    7965 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor I believe you have described a prime example of the phenomenon known as "beast mode"! Way to go :D
    7468 karma
    @nicole.hopkins Really? I kinda feel like a little kitty with my LR and my RC times, but I’ll take it. :)
  • bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    522 karma
    Just discovered this thread, and since it's a Monday, this would be the perfect time to start recording my weekly goals!

Goals:
    - Read Chapters 1-4 of Trainer (All week)
    - Finish Strengthening Packet Cambridge (Tues)
    - Move onto Validity and Must Be True Questions + do Cambridge packet after (Wed)
    - Watch Some and Most Relationships Videos (Thurs)
    - Invalid Argument Forms (Fri/Sat)
    - Start Sufficient Assumption & Pseudo Sufficient Assumption Questions (Sun)

• bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    522 karma
    It's been a full week, and I got almost everything done, except for the fact that I only read Chapters 1-2 of the Trainer, and didn't get time to Start Sufficient Assumption questions.

Goals for Week 2:
    - Read Chapters 2-6 of Trainer (All week)
    - Sufficient Assumption & Pseudo Sufficient Assumption Videos + Sufficient Assumption Cambridge Packet (Mon + Tues)
    - Introduction to Reading Comp. Videos (Wed/Thurs)
    - More MBT and Must Be False Questions + Harder SA & PSA & Strengthen Questions (Fri)
    - More Reading Comp. (Sat/Sun)

521 karma
    With the June test date just around the corner, for the next week I will:
    - mostly focus on taking and re-taking PTs continuously to build stamina
    - drilling / reviewing marathons at home, campus, etc.
    - test day checklist of materials
    383 karma
    This week I will:

-Review videos on validity and some/most relationships
    -Fool proof games from PT 62
    -Take and BR PTs 1, 50 and 63
    -Drill one RC science and one older LG each day
    521 karma
    Resolutions for this week:

- all the BRs all the time: 72, 71, 68, 69, 64 -- one a day to Sat.
    - follow Mike Kim's excellent advice... I like the cue cards! Am gonna try for at least my circled questions.
    - sneak in some earlier tests for extra sections to build stamina. Need to make sure I know what it feels like to do 2 RCs back-to-back... never know what will happen on the 8th.