Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cannot withdraw from LSAT-Flex on LSAC account?? [Night before!!]

Noise DogoodNoise Dogood Alum Member
in General 240 karma

Help!! I would like to withdraw from the July LSAT-Flex today this weekend, but there is no button available on the LSAC website account to do so, and the LSAC website says that withdrawing is permissible up until 11:59 PM EST the night before the test (July 11).

I understand this is terribly irresponsible and I should not be doing so this late but I wanted to ask if there was a way to withdraw?? The LSAC website doesn't have a button available under "eligible to withdraw" and I sent them an email but they probably won't respond because it's Friday night.

Should I withdraw on Proctor U?

Comments

• chisal17chisal17 Alum Member
    289 karma

send them another email and withdraw on proctorU if you can. talk to someone in customer service there (in the chat) and email the chat to yourself so you can forward it to LSAC if you need to.

• yugao.liyugao.li Member
    4 karma

Send a email to LSACinfo@lsac.org. I called them to withdraw from the June flex, and they tell me I could also send a email to withdraw.

• chisal17chisal17 Alum Member
    289 karma

as long as you send the email before the deadline (tonight) you should be okay.

• Noise DogoodNoise Dogood Alum Member
    240 karma

ahhh thank you!!! Trying the chat with the proctorU people now. Thank you for the rapid responses!!

Would they respond to my email tmrw and say "congrats you withdrew"?

240 karma

F the Proctor U person said I have to contact LSAC and just linked me to LSAC's website!!

240 karma

Is the button normally supposed to be on the website??

240 karma

Proctor U: "we can only assist in scheduling" F F F

240 karma

Okay I guess I'll just hope the email is enough. So in the email should I include anything about my contact info? Like my LSAC # and username is good enough?

If they don't pull the July LSAT from my LSAC profile, does that mean my request did not go through and I have to take it? I guess I don't know how to register whether or not I am actually withdrawn.

240 karma

Well I suppose I'm going to feel very embarrassed about this post in the future. perhaps tmrw morning

240 karma

Let my brilliant example be a warning to any 7sagers who see this post from the future! Don’t be like me and make up your mind sooner. and save money

• grasshopper47grasshopper47 Core Member
    edited July 2020 40 karma

Hi Noise Dogood, have you pressed the "Cancel" button on Proctor U? I am also considering to withdraw.. but am wondering after you press "cancel the test" on Proctor U, did you STILL have to send an email to LSAC AS WELL?... this is also what I found from Proctor U site on their FAQ page :

--
    "How far in advance should I cancel or reschedule an exam?

Let us know at least 24 hours before your appointment if you need to cancel. If you fail to show up for a scheduled exam without notice, you will not be eligible for a refund.
    If you reschedule your appointment to be taken within 72 hours of scheduling, you will be charged an additional fee. To avoid it, schedule exams at least 72 hours in advance.

--
    If cancelling the test on ProctorU is different and a separate task from withdrawal of registration on LSAC website, it would give me so much anxiety....

edited July 2020 240 karma

Hi THE dissapointing first daughter, yes to your first question - I sent an email to LSAC first though, and then I cancelled on ProctorU.* footnote below.

To your second question, I would say yes as well. the ProctorU service representative (which chisal17 recommended I chat with!) said that you can cancel on ProctorU but it only means something if you also cancelled with LSAC, and then linked me to the LSAC.org page on withdrawing rules. The rep said "You can cancel the one that you have in proctorU but this is only for proctoring service. Not the actual exam."

*I was initially concerned, however, that if LSAC didn't let me cancel with them and I cancelled my ProctorU registration then everything would be EVEN worse because I'd have to take a test that was now no longer on ProctorU. So I was hoping LSAC would get back to me but they didn't so I just went with the cancel in case they would say I didn't "cancel" via that method before 11:59 PM. long story short I requested to withdraw/cancelled via every method I could conceive of - email, proctor U, mentioning this to the service representative.

Hope things work out for you!

240 karma

Hi to anyone who might find this helpful in the future - I called them this morning, and I don't think they would have seen my email if I hadn't called them.

So I would recommend calling them in person as well, even though it is the weekend of the test - and inform them of your sent email. They pulled up the email I sent and withdrew the test from my LSAC account.

• bkhovingbkhoving Member
    38 karma

yes!!! you have to send an email to LSAC and they will answer it as soon as possible, try calling them too. idk why they didn't make it available on the portal!!!! :(