Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mistaken Reversal

What’s the distinct definition of and/or explanation of the assumption in a mistaken reversal. Mistaken Reversals are daunting at times when I’m under pressure, sometimes I pick up on them, sometimes I don’t 🤦🏾‍♀️ 🥴🥴😩😂 I’ve found at times that when comparing the variables A and B in the premises that the follow A and B Variables in the conclusion; I find they are never identical 😩 that’s why I sometimes mistake- mistaken reversal for mismatched concepts instead; because my variables never follow in order for me to confirm the “like terms” were flipped 🥴 also if that is not the case should I always follow the necessary variable in premises and make sure it isn’t flipped to the sufficient in the conclusion ?!? #Help lol am I overthinking it?!?

Comments

• pkleehl95pkleehl95 Core Member
    edited July 2020 66 karma

Mistaken reversal is simply when you forget to negate an argument. If stimulus states A --> B, a mistaken reversal of this would be: B --> A. If you negated the conditions to get /B --> /A, this would be correct, and no longer a mistaken reversal. Hope that helps.