Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tackling Logic Games

fall22WAfall22WA Member
in Logic Games 75 karma

Planning on taking the August Flex. Really want to improve on LG. How did you guys finish the LG Curriculum section? Did you foolproof each game 10 times in a day? If so how long was it since you seen improvements?

Please help!! I feel like I don't have structure when it comes to finishing the lessons for LG and practicing before August test date.

Comments

• FautApprendreLSAT1FautApprendreLSAT1 Core Member
    314 karma

I have this same question too, let's hope some of the sages can provide some insight!

• marre1marre1 Member
    29 karma

Hi there - before today I would recommend LSAT Wizard as an add-on to 7Sage content. I found his lessons VERY intuitive (different from anything I had ever learned elsewhere) and after 1 3h lesson on Youtube (free to raise money for COVID relief) I went from -7 to -0. I wanted to keep this perfect LG score consistent so I went back to watch his other videos.... as of today, LSAC forced him to take them down, even though they had NO real LSAT problems - he simply made up his own that followed the same game types that were on the tests. ugh. But stay updated on this - he announced he will be putting the content up but it will have to be with a paywall to give fees to LSAC. I'm not sure the cost but he said he is trying his best to do all he can and he will be adding additional content to make it worthwhile. Definitely stay updated on this.

• horace.the.mannhorace.the.mann Alum Member
    16 karma

I spent a lot of my time on the foolproof method and 7sage for logic games. A lot of time. I had a whole spreadsheet of the games and my times and how many I got wrong each time. Didn't work for me in a substantial way. I switched to Powerscore and I'd definitely recommend it.

• LogicFool-1LogicFool-1 Core Member
    edited August 2020 60 karma

Hello. To answer the second part of your question, I often found it helpful to tackle 4 logic games at a time either at varying difficulties or at similar difficulties (if you go resources ----> problem sets you might be able to filter the questions based on difficulty and type and I suggest trying that, or targeting LG sections in PTs).

Big tip for the Logic Games is something that you've probably heard plenty of times, but really most of the battle comes down to your initial diagram and your understanding of the rules. Make sure to read carefully and be sure that you actually understand what the game is telling you, often times we THINK we understand a rule only to realize that the true meaning got lost in translation because of our own biases. You should spend the most amount of time in a logic game doing the initial diagram. Make reasonable deductions once you finish diagramming the rules/setup but don't always make a conceited effort to draw out every possible solution and stretch it out as this takes up time and you'll fill in the blanks as you go through the questions. The best way to know if you are stretching out your deductions too much is if you have made connections between each of the rules that has a similar factor/variable. For example if you have a set ABCDEFG and you notice rule 1 and rule 2 both involve F then see if it's possible to make a deduction using those rules. Sometimes there are LGs where you can't make any initial deductions, this is OK.

Know the difference between when you need to approach a question by diagramming a new scenario, and when you can solve the question just by checking the scenario against the rules mentally.

If you can fully understand the rules and you diagram accordingly, you can easily achieve a perfect score for that game. Logic Games is probably the one section, in my experience, that can be solved perfectly, consistently, and with confidence the best out of the three. Practice, practice, practice and pay attention to the exact point that you began to misinterpret the game.

Best of luck!

*Edit: Added the extra tip at the end of the second paragraph.