Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

173!

dwalk165dwalk165 Alum Member
in General 34 karma

Standard success and "thank you" post to 7Sage. J.Y. and crew, y'all are legends. Of note: I did switch up my study techniques, and how I used some of the 7sage tools. So, if anyone is on a plateau feel free to reach out. Generally speaking, I really leaned into the questions I got wrong and questions that took me too long. I also had to fool proof every game possible. T'was a grind y'all. Good luck!

Comments

• nanabillannanabillan Member
    347 karma

Congrats! What helped you with RC the most? :)

• dwalk165dwalk165 Alum Member
    34 karma

Finding and settling on a strategy helped me. For me, I am strongest when I capture the structure and main point of the passage. So deliberately skimmed details (i.e. how a study was done step by step, or a list of findings), and just made notes on where it was and what it related to. Then I used that times savings to go back to the passage and read those details if they applied to a question. I found that I saved time with that technique because anything with that much info was gonna require I go back to the passage anyway to be accurate; so I eliminated one full read through of that section. I recommend supplementing 7sage with the Powerscore RC book to get better at finding a strategy. They use a model called VIEWStamp that helps you get familiar with your strengths and weaknesses.

• 5 karma

Congrats! Diagnostic and LR techniques?

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14055 karma

@dwalk165 Congrats!

34 karma

@"muhanna.lawati" 153 on the diagnostic. My LR techniques were a combination of the CC methods and the Loophool method. I used Loophole for questions 1-10ish (but only after building a base intuition with 7sage) to save time, then I employed the more conditional/methodical methods from 7sage on later questions I either couldn't figure out intuitively, or wanted to prove out if I had time. Doing this saved me 2-3 minutes on LR that I used to review and change 3-4 answers, which I assumed help my score.

• cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
    496 karma

how long did you study for?

• 173orbust173orbust Alum Member
    183 karma

How many timed PTs did you do? Did you start taking full PTs immediately after finishing the CC?

• Thy RainThy Rain Core Member
    99 karma

Congrats!

34 karma

I studied for a year due to work constraints (I’m a fighter pilot with a wife and two kids... so I could only study for 2 hours a day). It ended up being far too spread out though, and I had to revisit the CC a ton. I took all the practice tests either timed or as drills. I started taking PTs as soon as the CC ended and in accordance with the syllabus.

• cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
    496 karma

Thanks for the info! I have 2 small children and work full time as well, so I am definitely a bit nervous. I am writing Jan 15 /2021, so hoping to be able to do some crazy time management for 5 months...