Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June LSAT

shane.mcglashenshane.mcglashen Alum Member
in General 199 karma
Hey Guys,

I studied roughly 6 months for the February LSAT, took the test and scored relatively lower than my PT average. I had a pretty bad test day; they tried to kick me out off the bat et cetera. I scored a 159 while my general average was around a 164 or higher.

I am thinking about retaking the June LSAT. After taking a small break, I feel so much better looking at the test. Things just come to me naturally in a way that seemed so foreign before. HOWEVER

the problem is I only have roughly 3 PTs I have not taken. What should I do?

I took about a month and a half off, and when I look at old PTs I don't consciously remember any of the questions, however I am scoring oddly higher (167 range). I don't know if this is due to the break, or subconscious memory.

What do you guys think, can I learn with these 'old' PTs?

Should I reserve the untainted PTs to one a week?

Comments

• AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
    239 karma
    start from the June 2007 PT again. I would be very surprised if you remembered any of it, if you did in fact take all but 3.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    I would save those fresh PT's until late may/early June. Pretty much T-minus 2 weeks until exam day.

I would say there's still a tremendous value in retaking PT's. Although that scaled score may not be 100% accurate, you can still get a lot out of redoing those questions. FWIW, I took almost all of the modern PT's (52-74) while studying for the Feb LSAT and have been retaking a bunch of them in preparation for June. Although I vaguely remember curve-breaker LR questions or some RC Passages, I feel 10x more confident in my thought process this time around.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I agree with the above comments. Def save 3 PTs until the end of May to see what your avg. is on those 3 PTs. There is a lot of value in retaking PTs that you first did when you first started out. You're not going to remember every question but since the LSAT is a skills test you have to have the fundamentals down in order to do well. The more practice the better.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    Am I correct in assuming this isn't all super current? As in you arnt just starting back up studying? It is getting really close to the time crunch (if not already) and you really wanna be hammering in some drilling and multiple PTs. There are a few articles out there about retaking PTs and how they can benefit. The way I look at it is you either don't really remember a question at all and its practically fresh, or you kind of -> totally remember a question. Especially with the latter, if you get any of those questions wrong you know one area that you should really review as best as possible to see what exactly went wrong considering you have seen the problems before. It may not be an accurate showing of your score but can def help you improve!
    (also agree with fresh PTs a tad closer to test date)