Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Explanation videos take forever to load

lialialialialialia Member
in General 21 karma

Why are my video explanations taking forever to load? Some aren't even loading for me.

Comments

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble. I tried to reproduce the issue on Mac with Chrome browser but I was unable to.

We noticed some students have reported that using an adblocker interfered with videos on our site and that disabling the adblocker fixed the problem for them.

We've also added a "simple" video player along with our advanced video player. The simple one lacks some of the advanced features like time cues, but we've purposely created it to "play nice" with the largest pool of devices and browsers. If you go to "Settings" and then choose "Simple" under Video Player, it should fix the loading issues. I've attached an example screenshot here:

You can also try using a different browser. We find that the Chrome browser works best with our site.

Let us know if you're still having trouble.