Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Huge news for for August Flex

We will now allow test takers to use a regular or mechanical pencil, or a pen, while taking the LSAT-Flex. You will still need to show your writing utensil(s) to the proctor during the check-in period.

In addition, test takers may use soft, non-electronic, non-corded/banded, generic foam ear plugs, which will need to be shown to and approved by your LSAT-Flex proctor.

I like it!!

Comments

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    905 karma

Wow, thank you for sharing this! So excited about being able to use a mechanical pencil or pen ... just can't keep that no.2 sharp enough ... :tongue:

• AwokenNovaAwokenNova Alum Member
    176 karma

Ear plugs are a nice touch! I loose time plugging my ears while practice testing at home lol also mechanical pencils are way easier!

• bensasounianbensasounian Member
    94 karma

I didn't even know we weren't allowed to not use a mechanical pencil haha I don't have any of the number 2 pencils

• Lej Not LegLej Not Leg Member
    238 karma

Ear plugs could totally save me from my neighbor whose lawn-mowing hobby is utter randomness. And three cheers for Team Pen. This is huge. Thank you for sharing

• Nadzter19Nadzter19 Core Member
    123 karma

Yes!! Ear plugs!! Less distractions!

• EvelynGalEvelynGal Alum Member
    18 karma

WOW! thank you for sharing this. Great news I hadn’t heard about

• LSAT-SavageLSAT-Savage Alum Member
    6 karma

Do you have a link to the official announcement? This is huge for me. I much prefer pens and live on a very noisy city block. Definitely going to see how earplugs effect me.

• Lawyer LoochLawyer Looch Alum Member
    105 karma

Thank you LSAC!

• stanfordbstanfordb Core Member
    3 karma

Writing with pencils is like nails on a chalkboard for me. Rejoice!!

• djahjagadjahjaga Member
    38 karma

This is all great news. Now, is the pens/pencil rule an "either or" rule or a "not both" rule?

Would be so helpful to create your master LG diagram in pen and then use the pencil to fill in & erase for the questions.

• Hi. Doesn't seem to be much online yet but it was emailed to August test takers. Here is a little more on it.

@"LSAT-Savage" said:
    Do you have a link to the official announcement? This is huge for me. I much prefer pens and live on a very noisy city block. Definitely going to see how earplugs effect me.

• tuuliacandidotuuliacandido Alum Member
    23 karma

can we sharpen our pencil during the test?

• prob not. Which is why you can have a few with you> @tuuliacandido said:

can we sharpen our pencil during the test?