Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Waiting for Application Decisions - 7Sage Forum

Waiting for Application Decisions

I just applied to a few law schools today. I'm already feeling anxious about waiting for decisions. I know I most likely won't hear back for months.

If any of you have applied to law school in the past, when did you hear back? Also, if anyone has any advice on how to relax while waiting, I'd love to know!

Comments

• TimeIsMoneyTimeIsMoney Member
    495 karma

In the same boat...I’ve read a lot regarding the rolling admissions process. I’m guessing this early we won’t hear back for atleast a month but who knows! Best of luck to you!

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

When you receive a final decision depends on your particular application and how the admissions office at a particular school operates. One candidate might receive a decision within a week of going complete. Another might be waiting for months. You can get an extremely general sense of admissions decision timing in past years for individual schools at https://mylsn.info/r/pre-law/timeline/chart/.

• snelllasnellla Core Member
    103 karma

Have you done the admissions sessions with the schools you applied to? I know for one of mine they start accepting Sept. 1, but don't actually start looking at applications til the end of October. They mentioned this in the admission zoom meetings. It might give you an idea.

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    edited September 2020 1866 karma

I applied in September and most of my results came back in January-March. One school I applied to got back to me almost seven months later though so it can be a long haul.
    Other than work, I read a lot of novels, caught up on shows my friends had recommended, got back into a couple of hobbies that I hadn't been as committed to while studying for the test. Also I spent more time with my close friends! It's a little hard now with everything going on, but it can be nice to check in on friends you might have not talked to in a while!
    Either way I recommend doing what you enjoy when you have the time, since time is a luxury once school starts (assuming it isn't already!)