Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you submit your application while waiting for a third LOR to come in?

allie.vandineallie.vandine Free Trial Member
in General 57 karma
This is probably a silly question...but I *may* have a third LOR coming in next week, but will be ready to submit apps by the end of this week. Should I hold until I have that third one ready, or can I submit now and let that come in later?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    You can submit, but unless you request a hold, they will go ahead and consider your application as long as it is complete. I wouldn't hold off just for an extra LOR. It'll probably be a few weeks before they get around to looking at your app anyway, so even if you go ahead, I think it'd be really unlikely that they'd get to you before your letter comes in.
  • BryantFuBryantFu Alum Member
    72 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" Is the hold request best done in the Addendum?
  • allie.vandineallie.vandine Free Trial Member
    57 karma
    Thanks @"Cant Get Right" -- I appreciate it! To clarify, as long as the app isn't being considered yet, when the letter comes in it would just get added to it, right?
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    I wouldn't hold off just for an extra LOR. It'll probably be a few weeks before they get around to looking at your app anyway, so even if you go ahead, I think it'd be really unlikely that they'd get to you before your letter comes in.
    Yeppers.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @allie.vandine said:
    To clarify, as long as the app isn't being considered yet, when the letter comes in it would just get added to it, right?
    Yes, but you have to notify each school individually via phone call or email.
    57 karma
    Thanks @montaha.rizeq! I appreciate it!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    @BryantFu said:
    @"Cant Get Right" Is the hold request best done in the Addendum?
    Not actually sure @BryantFu . I didn't hold any of my apps, so never really learned much about how to go about it. Anybody else know the answer to this? I can guarantee @david.busis would know this, so maybe check with him if you can't find the answer elsewhere: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/9940/webinar-last-minute-application-questions-tuesday-january-10th-9pm-est
  • David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7272 karma
    Submit! The third LOR probably won't make much of a difference. More important to get it in earlier.

@BryantFu I don't think it's a good idea to submit and then ask the adcom to hold off. Better and less bothersome just to wait until you're ready. But if you want them to hold off, just contact them via email or phone.
    57 karma
    Thanks @david.busis!