Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips on maintaining morale ?

karko2525karko2525 Member
in General 620 karma

So I took the LSAT flex last week and I didn't feel terrible after. I thought that was a good sign considering I am someone who generally thinks of the worst case scenario (I never expect to do well and always anticipate worse than I actually did). However, my brain started over-thinking about my performance. Now, I'm worried that I didn't perform well and am anxiously waiting for scores to come out. I'm sure everyone deals with this to a degree, but I am just a super anxious and pessimistic person in general. So it's a bit hard for me to get my mind off the exam even though I know there's nothing I can do about it now. Any tips on maintaining a positive mindset? I feel like I'm spiraling lol

Comments

• Doha IreneDoha Irene Member
    10 karma

Sleep over 8 hours a day, take Omega 3 three times a day(over at least 1000mg/day) with Vitamin B. It would help you maintaining morale.

• OldLadyKOldLadyK Alum Member
    396 karma

Find comfort in the fact that pretty much everyone feels this way after the test! I've taken it twice and both times felt awful right afterwards, so if your intial feelings were positive I would say that's a good sign 🙂

• JerseyLife49JerseyLife49 Alum Member
    95 karma

Focusing on maintaining a minimum 8 hour, steady sleep schedule, decent diet and exercise have helped me maintain my positive mood in general! I believe it would help you too. This too shall pass, my friend :)

• karko2525karko2525 Member
    620 karma

@"Doha Irene" oh wow, thank you! I had no idea about that combination. I've just been meditating and praying to relieve my nerves. I'll try out your recommendation :smile:

edited September 2020 620 karma

@OldLadyK thank you for your supportive comment! It was my first time taking it so I didn't know what to expect and I am generally someone who doesn't expect the greatest result when it comes to the LSAT. This exam has truly drained the life out of me for the past 7+ months so the pressure feels insane. But it feels reassuring to know that I am not the only one feeling this way! I hope your exam went well! We got this :smiley:

620 karma

@JerseyLife49 How do you know I only get 6-7 hours and sleep at like 2-3am whilst also neglecting my health :neutral: ?? haha jk! Thank you for the tips. I am really going to try exercising again and sleeping at a reasonable hour. I am positive those practices will not only help my nerves, but help me study more effectively :smile:

• goforbrokegoforbroke Core Member
    320 karma

Hi @karko2525! Congrats on taking the test! I haven't taken the exam yet, but I can imagine how you feel. Ruminating and allowing your mind to go to the worst case scenarios are NOT fun. When I'm feeling this way, I ask myself, what can I change by worrying? Nothing. So keep yourself busy so you don't give your mind the chance to linger over doubts. It just eats away time and energy. Put your time and energy into something productive instead. And if you truly feel like you may not have done well, then think about what you can do next. Hope this helps :smiley:

620 karma

@goforbroke thank you for your words of encouragement! I am just taking it day by day. I will definitely do my best to re-direct my energy back to the LSAT in case I need to re-take :smile: