Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMAT => LSAT Advice

ctj5067ctj5067 Alum Member
in General 5 karma

Hi all,

I recently took the GMAT and did very well, particularly in the verbal section (44 points or 98 percentile). I'm interested in joint programs, so I'm also looking into the LSAT.

I'm trying to gauge how I could best spend my time prepping and how much overlap there is between the GMAT verbal and the LSAT. Can anyone who has experience with both exams speak to this and to how my GMAT score will translate?

From what I've read, the consensus seems to be that the LSAT reading comp has longer passages and that the LR section is slightly trickier than the GMAT critical reasoning questions. That said, I think that the bulk of my prep will be devoted to LG with a smaller part of my prep focused on fine-tuning LR and RC.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I recommend taking the free practice test so that you can see the differences for yourself and get a metric about where you stand. Many of these skills are shared but how those translate into the exam depends on your individual predisposition for a test like the LSAT

• prepedonlineprepedonline Free Trial Member
    25 karma

In my opinion you have to go through free practice set from a reliable source that can help you lot to achieve you can go through by any free source tutorial but preped.com " this a platform whose provide premium material without any cost" could be good choice for free tutorial

• hoodm1947hoodm1947 Free Trial Member
    edited February 2023 6 karma

Congratulations. I took the GMAT recently, too. It wasn't easy, though. I prepared thoroughly for the exam. And even turned to https://edureviewer.com/manhattan-prep-vs-princeton-review-gmat/ to find a tutor. Which helped me pass the exam successfully.