Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No improvement on Logic games

DanielMacTavishDanielMacTavish Alum Member

I have been grinding out Logic Games, both timed and untimed, and I've made little to no progress in terms of my ability to make proper inferences. Even with less pressure in an untimed setting. Has anybody else run into this issue? I have made substantial improvements in both LR and RC, but this section is my absolute worst by far. I am a shoe in for a -12/-13 on my timed PTs and it is honestly pretty discouraging, especially since I have seen that this should be the "easiest" section to improve in. Does anybody have some good suggestions for someone who is struggling mightily with games? I would really appreciate any advice at this point. This is literally a make or break section for me in terms of me getting at or above my desired score. Thanks so much guys.

Comments

• jgodelmanjgodelman Member
    51 karma

Redo every single game that you even slightly struggled with infinitely until you can completely do it in your head (meaning moving the pieces around easily without having to write it out). Make sure you watch Jy's video's as well if you're just missing the inferences. Redoing the games plenty of times and training yourself to make it easy enough to do in your head like simple math is the best thing because it becomes engrained in your head. After you get 'X' game to be a natural instinct for you, you will notice some game that is almost exactly the same as 'X' game just with slightly different rules. Becoming that familiar with all the various patterns will save you plenty of time and guide you in the direction of the possible inferences. part of this mastery also includes working out all the wrong choices as well. every wrong choice gives you an opportunity to move around the game pieces gaining familiarity with how they move, and how they can contradict the rules, possibly also helping you pick up on patterns that'll lead to a rule break. i often notice in difficult games that a large majority of the wrong choices among all of the questions pertain to one specific rule.