Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got the exact same score as my first take. Feeling so lost

legalstateofmindlegalstateofmind Alum Member
in General 101 karma

For the August flex test, I got 164 again for the second time same as the June flex. Honestly I couldn’t believe it and stared at the screen for like 5mins blinking lol. It was very disappointing because I thought I felt much more comfortable with RC and it’s usually my worst section but it doesn’t help that I can’t tell how I did on each section. Weeks approaching the test date, I was PTing around 167 -169 with some outliers. I’m seriously losing confidence in my ability to improve.. I would really appreciate to hear some of your advice / thoughts on whether it would be worth to study for 3rd take.

For some more context, I have 3.77 GPA and wish to go to T14 school (would love to go to NYU or Berkeley as I hope to go into public sector after). I’ve been working full time at a consulting firm for 3 years.

Comments

• OldLadyKOldLadyK Alum Member
    396 karma

I think a 164 is incredible! I'm not scoring anywhere near that and probably never will, so try to be kind to yourself. It's incredibly common for people to score a few points below their practice test average. I have taken the test twice and my highest score was 4 points below mine. There really isn't any harm in taking it again if you're set on this cycle. Just an aside though...there are many magnificent programs beyond the T14 and with your current score, GPA, and work experience you could probably get a good scholarship. But if you have your heart set on attending a school at the top, you could also delay and put yourself in a stronger position next year. It's a tough choice, but stop for second and pat yourself on the back for all you've accomplished. This process SUCKS and I don't think us law school hopefuls do that enough. I really do wish you all the best and if you end up sitting for the Flex in November, I'll be right there with you!

• legalstateofmindlegalstateofmind Alum Member
    101 karma

@OldLadyK aww thanks so much for your kind words! :) hearing this definitely made me feel better. I've signed up for the November test but not sure how much I can improve in such short time. Even if I don't, I'll probably still apply for this cycle since I've already delayed a year in going to law school.. And 100% agree that this whole thing is painful lmao and can't wait for it to be over. I wish you reach your goal in November!