Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The end of my LSAT journey

az123456az123456 Alum Member
in General 64 karma

Hi All-

As I'm sure every 7sager can empathize with, the LSAT is one of the most mentally grueling tasks they've ever encountered. My journey began in September of 2018 and I was under the assumption that you could take the LSAT an unlimited amount of times so I made the not so wise choice to make the first time I ever even looked at an LSAT be an official test. I got a 142. I had no idea the work that I needed to put in to get where I am today. I purchased a grossly overpriced one-on-one tutor, wasted 4 months, and took the test again in October of 2019 and got a 147. Until I found 7sage in December of 2019.

The free trial got me hooked because I could go at my own pace, there was no fluff and bulls**t that name brand tutor platforms were spewing about being ready after 12 weeks and thousands of dollars later. The premise of 7sage to me was simple: this education is a great value, we will give you the tools you need to succeed, but the onus is on your to put the work in to see the results. I loved J.Y.'s sense of humor, intellect, and true understanding of the task at hand because he went through it himself. On the July LSAT-Flex in 2020, I received a 156. Which was a fantastic jump and something I was proud of, but my highest score on a PT was a 163, which I only attained one time. I knew I had one last shot to take the test and feel like the years of anguish and studying I put in had to be for something. On the August LSAT-Flex, I received a 162. This may not be the dream score of many people, and there is always a little gremlin on my shoulder asking if I could have done better, but I know it's my dream score because it was my very best. That's such an important takeaway that I wanted to share with everyone. Do your absolute best so when your LSAT journey is over, which I promise it is finite, you can be proud of yourself. This journey has to be something you want and you can't do it for anyone else.

I wish everyone the best of luck on their journeys! Never give up and in my opinion, your dream score should be what you think your absolute best can be. Don't compare yourself to others, compare yourself to the potential within yourself.

Happy Studying & Thank You 7Sage!!! <3

Comments

• Lawyer LoochLawyer Looch Alum Member
    105 karma

i needed this THANK YOU!

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14044 karma

@az123456 Congratulations on your improvement! I think that's the true measure of success.

Thank you for sharing this.

• ahnendc-1ahnendc-1 Member
    642 karma

Congratulations! That is incredible, you should be proud of your score and improvement.