Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Key Lessons to Review before Nov LSAT

xxb.weixxxxb.weixx Member
in General 16 karma

Hi all, I was wondering what are some KEY lessons/videos/sections in the syllabus that I should definitely watch to help keep my mind refreshed and alert for the types of questions or important relationships that are constantly seen in the LSAT. I'm fairly new to the 7sage curriculum (I finished the LSAT Trainer curriculum) and I don't have time to watch all the videos by 7sage even if I want to.

I hope this makes sense, thank you so much in advance!!

Comments

• Colleen1029Colleen1029 Member
    21 karma

I guess it depends on what you think you should focus on the most, but I think all of the intro to Logic Game type videos definitely fall under what you're looking for

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    4306 karma

I also read the LSAT trainer and found that reviewing these lessons from 7sage helped really reinforce the material;

Top 5 LR
    1) Assumption & Weakening
    2) Causation Phenomenon
    3) Some & Most relationships
    4) Valid/Invalid argument forms
    5) PSA (SA/NA if you don't understand after reading the book)

Top 2 for LG
    1) Introduction to Grouping Games: The In-Out Games 2
    2) Grouping Games with a Chart

Top 2 for RC (Mike Kim covers RC pretty intensely; if you haven't read that do more of RC on 7sage)
    1) Introduction to the Reading Comprehension
    2) The Memory Method for Improving LSAT Reading Comprehension

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

It all depends on your strengths and weaknesses. That being said, some of the most prevalent subjects tested on the LSAT are conditional logic, causation logic, Universal and Existential quantifiers. Also, if you're scoring anywhere higher than -3 in LG be sure to check out the LG curriculum.

• RuralCactusRuralCactus Member
    56 karma

Agreed with the previous comment on focusing on your weaknesses. If improvements can be made in LR/RC, I would highly recommend the grammar section of the 7sage curriculum. It really helps in parsing difficult stimuli and dense passages.

• xxb.weixxxxb.weixx Member
    16 karma

Thanks so much everyone. Very insightful info!!

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@brittanyxwei What are you scoring now? I think that is very relevant to how much time and attention to give to the CC. If you are already scoring 170+ consistently I would say do not bother with it at all immediately but move to doing several PTs so that you can have enough data for the analysis tool to do its work and then only look at your problem areas in the CC. It is what I did upon coming to 7Sage from Khan Academy and it worked out well for me, knock on wood. If you are already scoring 160's plus I really, really cannot recommend enough doing PTs and then BRing with another high scorer. It made a ton of difference in me breaking that 170ish plateau. Listening to the reasoning and really considering how other people who are good at the test got their answers to difficult questions is way more effective than trying to force your brain to suddenly comprehend that question that just doesn't make sense to you. If you are not there yet you can also find someone that wants to improve by tutoring others, which I think is also a great method for both parties to improve.