Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just applied to law schools but also registered for Nov 2020 Lsat

JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
in General 990 karma

Hello all,

I was initially going to wait until after taking Nov LSAT but I just couldn’t wait... so I did it. I applied. It was really exciting and now the anticipation begins. I do have questions. I will go ahead and take the Nov lsat regardless. But will the updated score get sent to the schools I applied to before the decision is rendered? What if the decision is rendered after I take the lsat? I’m guessing I will have to go through the application process again for all of the law schools with the updated score?

Comments

• Did you apply for Spring 2021? I would check the law schools' website regarding the last month that they accept LSAT scores for their incoming classes.

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    990 karma

@ashleyfaulkner118 said:
    Did you apply for Spring 2021? I would check the law schools' website regarding the last month that they accept LSAT scores for their incoming classes.

I applied for fall 2021

• NyraA098NyraA098 Core Member
    28 karma

Send emails to the schools you applied to and request for your applications to be placed on hold until after the November LSAT.

• Elizabeth8Elizabeth8 Core Member
    18 karma

@NyraA098 said:
    Send emails to the schools you applied to and request for your applications to be placed on hold until after the November LSAT.

what usually happens if you don't ask them to place on hold? I think on some apps they ask which lsat you will be doing and will assess accordingly

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

Schools should be notified of any pending LSAT test dates and place your file into a pending status until that test is completed and score released. But if it was me, I would just email the schools you have applied to and let them know that you are taking the November test and to please hold your file until the score is released.

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    990 karma

This is the response I received to my question:

Your application does indicate that you have a future test date in November. We will hold your file until those scores are released, and LSAC forwards an updated report to your law schools. At that time it will be completed and forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review.