Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR Improvements

Any suggestions on how to get better at LR? I struggle with NA and Flaw a lot, but the whole section in general is tough for me. Luckily my lsat is now a Flex, so I have some hope, but my avg is around 11-13/25. Thank you in advance!!

Comments

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    edited October 2020 1532 karma

The Loophole in LSAT Logical Reasoning by Ellen Cassidy is the best resource IMO.

• xtinextinextinextine Member
    861 karma

I'm by no means an expert on LR, but I like doing untimed sections and following up with heavy BR. This has really helped me learn how to anticipate the answer choices, especially for flaw questions, without the pressure of time. On questions where I'd be stuck between two choices, I'd write down my thinking (during BR) and re-read the stimulus.

• _iamnw96_iamnw96 Alum Member
    edited October 2020 437 karma

I got really good at LR by doing a crap-ton of sections. Like, I've probably done 100 LR sections by now, and blind-reviewed them (similar to foolproofing LG, except you don't have to redo the sections over and over you just need to BR REALLY well.) You really start to see the patterns over time if you try to understand why each answer is the correct one, but more importantly, why incorrect answers are incorrect. Now that I do LR, I can eliminate 3 almost immediately because I realize how ridiculous those answers are.

Outside resources,I would say use Logical Reasoning Encyclopedia by Nathan Fox.

• I agree with the users above that The Loophole is an excellent source and repetition is key. I would also like to recommend the book 33 Common LSAT Flaws by LSAT Max. This book gives the most detailed explanations for identifying flaws that I've come across so far. It uses old, real LR questions and analyzes them in depth for the most common flaws. The skills I've learned from this book have carried across to other LR question types as well. It also complements the 7Sage method nicely. I highly recommend it!