Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did I Mess Everything Up?

r.e.w1640r.e.w1640 Member
edited October 2020 in Law School Admissions 59 karma

Hi!

So I applied to my top school yesterday (T7-T11) and felt pretty good about my app even though my lsat is low for them. Today I got approved for accommodations on a retake, and I am just kicking myself. Scores come out Nov 24. Is there any chance they won’t get to my app before the new score?

Comments

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Hello, Normally you can send them an updated LSAT score if you take the LSAT again. And if they deny you, you can appeal the decision and then submit the new lsat score as the basis. I would look around the schools website to see how you can submit an lsat score after you'e submitted an application. I know people who have been accepted and took the lsat after they were accepted to get a bigger scholar ship. I do not think it will matter much.

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Hi! Some schools do allow you to request for them to hold your app until the new score comes in. You can try to see if that's possible

• cjb297cjb297 Member
    edited October 2020 43 karma

Hahah, seems like quite the annoying situation. In this case, I wouldn't worry too much. You've presumably worked hard and have a decent chance of getting into a good school anyway. I have no way of proving this, and I am certainly NOT an expert, but I really feel like due to COVID there will be less people applying; and therefore somewhat laxed admissions. In any case, like someone else commented, you can probably appeal a denial with a better LSAT score. I wish you the best of luck!

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

I would retake 1000% if you got approved for accommodations. And just update them on the new score.

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

I would reach out to the admissions office directly, explain the situation and ask if they would be willing to hold your application. This way, you are making a personal connection and you will be sure you are taking the steps you need to take for that school. Good luck, and kick butt with your extra time on the LSAT!

• EllegoalsEllegoals Member
    342 karma

Agree with @"kimmel.sara", I would reach out directly. I've attended quite a few schools virtual information sessions, and they say that all you have to do is reach out and tell them to hold on reviewing your application and they will be happy to do so.