Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Vote] Columbia ED or not?

ElichunksElichunks Member
edited October 2020 in Law School Admissions 69 karma

Hi everyone,

I would really really appreciate any advice I can get. So my CAS GPA is a 3.85 and my LSAT (Oct-flex) is a 173. I know that both my GPA and my LSAT are slightly higher than the school's median, which means that I won't benefit A LOT from applying ED.

Should I still go for it? I'm freaking out because I'm reading everywhere that applications are up by 50% for many law schools and a lot more people have scored 170+ this cycle.

Columbia Law ED
  1. Should I apply to Columbia Law ED?29 votes
    1. Yes
      48.28%
    2. No
      51.72%

Comments

• 173orbust173orbust Alum Member
    183 karma

People with your numbers have a great shot at a large scholarship from Columbia. Probably not worth EDing unless you're fine paying sticker and don't want to go anywhere else.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

I would agree, don't do it because you're above both medians. Unless Columbia has a guaranteed scholarship program for ED it's not a good decision for you. Apply normally, then also apply at some rival schools. Even if you're set on Columbia you can use any scholarship aid at those schools to negotiate with Columbia.