Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Timing! How crazy

hopefullinghopefulling Member
in General 905 karma

So, I thought this was really cool.
I took PT 48 yesterday and I'm BR'ing today. So there's a passage on Louise Glück (the 2nd one) in that test and she just won the Nobel Prize in Literature this year. It's so cool to recognize the name and also have an image of her from when they talked about her on the news when she won. I'm not familiar with her work - at all! - so interacting with the passage was a bit fun. Especially in BR now, when I can spend more time with the passage. :)

Timing!! ... Especially since that test is from December 2005.

Comments

• mngldoohairtaimngldoohairtai Core Member
    103 karma

I've often notices that when I do particularly well in an RC section, it is usually because I am genuinely interested in the subject matter of the passage.

As hard as the LSAT is, studying for it has truly been a joy!

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    edited October 2020 905 karma

It really is! ... Although, sometimes I suffer an over-confidence error on passages that involve my background knowledge.

I'm so grateful that because it changes so much from PT to PT, that I haven't gotten bored with studying. And even if RC is my poorest-performing section, it's always 'fun' to read the passages (since they're based on something that was actually published/edited ... compared to the LR stimuli that might make-stuff-up).

Red herring moment: but there's an overly-exhaustive flaw book that has an MSU fallacy. Sorry Spartans! A 'make "stuff" up' fallacy. It's my favorite fallacy (and inside joke) for general conversations or misc stuff out in the world (ads/etc).

• ConstantineConstantine Member
    1320 karma

Finally. I found someone who feels the same way as I do about RC!

• mhf.andrewmhf.andrew Member
    207 karma

I like RC, too. It's clear to me how this section could be relevant in law school. People give it a hard time because it is not clear that six months to a year could make much of a difference in scoring, and therefore it does not reward merit.
    I think, however, it does reward merit, but you need to step back a lot longer than anyone specifically studies for the LSAT. It rewards students who were very much engaged with reading during their undergraduate degree.