Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Letters of Recommendation

Does it take a while after a recommender uploads a letter for it to show up as received on LSAC? I'm getting worried because my recommenders said they would upload them weeks ago but it still says "requested but not acknowledged by recommender" and 0 letters received

Comments

• OldLadyKOldLadyK Alum Member
    396 karma

If they're uploading to LSAC it's quick. It can take much longer if they're sending them in by mail. Follow up with all your recommenders asap to see what's going on. Make sure they read and follow the instructions they received and give them a strict date to have those letters in by. Good luck!

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

I sat with one of my recommenders and helped him upload a letter, and did it again when I got the letter updated. Both times it showed in my LSAC account almost immediately.

• 1952 karma

if it says "requested but not acknowledged by recommender," your recommender probably has not uploaded the letter yet. you should give your recommender a friendly reminder and ask how everything is going.