Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about test day

I'm taking the LSAT-FLEX tomorrow and had some final questions about what to expect.
- Are you allowed to keep your laptop on charge throughout the exam?
- Do we need to print admissions ticket or do we just need our drivers license?
- I have a macbook and have been super paranoid about the possibility of imessage, facetime, or emails etc popping up on my screen while I'm testing. Does anyone have any useful tips for blocking all this from happening?

Comments

• elena-levelena-lev Member
    93 karma

Yes, you can leave it charging.
    No, you don't need to print anything. Just have your ID.
    As far as blocking notifications, your proctor will do all that for you. The way they block notifications is by going all the way up in the top right corner of your screen next to the Siri button. At the top of the menu that pops up, they turn on "Do Not Disturb."

• Sinanana7Sinanana7 Member
    155 karma

On top of what Elena-lev said, you can remove the iMessage and FaceTime apps from your dock by right clicking on the icon. The proctor will do this for you, so not a must but it will save a tiny bit of time before the test.

• Sophie__123Sophie__123 Free Trial Member
    8 karma

I am taking tomorrow as well. First time and very nervous. I have a 2nd monitor connected to my laptop. Do I have to completely remove it or is it okay to just disconnect and shut it down? Oh, and I've seen different answers to the question about water. Is it okay to have a glass of water? Thanks!

• seonglee0630seonglee0630 Core Member
    20 karma

For phone calls, sign off from FaceTime. also, there is tap under the FaceTime setting, you can turn off "calls from iPhone" icon. Good luck!! I am also using MacBook, and not sure whether safari is working, or better to use google chrome instead :)

• lilpinglinglilpingling Member
    638 karma

Did anyone else have a stupidly difficult time getting their face to line up for the photo? I felt like such an idiot, but I couldn't get it right. Somewhere, someone is watching the footage and laughing at me.

Also, don't forget a mirror or your phone. I also did that.

• cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
    496 karma

@lilpingling you had your phone with you for the flex??

638 karma

@cpeaks13

I didn't. But they want you to have a phone or a mirror to see the front of your computer. I grabbed a mirror. Seems odd that they would even let you have it anywhere near, but I swear they do if that's how you show them your computer.

• 162 karma

@lilpingling haha this made me laugh, I had a hard time lining up my face with the camera also, I hope they delete that brutal photo. I was also shaking so much from nerves that I had an even harder time trying to line up my ID! lol

• cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
    496 karma

@lilpingling omg! this is the first ive heard. of this! my exam is tomorrow, so i guess i need to run out and buy a mirror!?

• 162 karma

@cpeaks13 No, don't panic lol. Just have your phone next to you so you can put it in selfie mode and show the proctor your laptop.

• 162 karma

@cpeaks13 I didn't know about that prior to the test and my phone was outside the room but my proctor wanted me to go get it. Once I showed her the laptop through my phone camera I put my phone in airplane mode and just threw it on the couch.

edited November 2020 638 karma

I'm laughing out loud. I felt so stupid. The proctor probably felt sorry for the old lady with technology challenges who couldn't figure out a web cam selfie. I had to hold my ID up 3 times because my hands were shaking too, I finally just said, "I'm sorry. I'm a little nervous." I'm about 99% sure I'm going to have to retake it in January, but at least I'll know what to expect. I think that will go a long way toward a better outcome.

On the plus side, my hair looks great today, so at least that was seen by someone outside my house.