Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on Focus

kmarxtheleftkmarxtheleft Alum Member
in General 114 karma

Hello everyone. In 2014, I graduated with degrees in Philosophy and Political Science, respectively. The following year, in 2015, I was diagnosed with high-functioning autism. This diagnosis helped explain some of the problems I encountered while I was an undergrad. Now, I have been really struggling with focus as it applies to studying for the LSAT, primarily due to my high-functioning autism. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as well as what strategies have helped you to focus better. Thanks!

Comments

• disindexdisindex Member
    57 karma

Not advice for focus, but you should look into applying for accommodations. You can get approval for extra time if you make a successful case that you need the extra time to write the test with the same difficulty as an "ordinary" writer.

• bradbj01bradbj01 Member
    3 karma

I would suggest talking to a doctor or a psychologist, they can probably provide tips and tricks. Just outline your situation, you need to study for an exam and are having difficulties.