Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law Schools Going Online?

MrsRobinson1MrsRobinson1 Alum Member
edited November 2020 in Law School Admissions 106 karma

I was wondering what fellow 7 Sagers think regarding law schools having online teachings for next year. Are schools going to continue to teach classes online? If so, could one apply to more schools with the potential of not having to move as the instruction would be online? When the school then goes back to in person learning, could one transfer back to a school in their home area?
What are your thoughts?

Thank you and have a great day!

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

As someone in law school; I'd highly recommend you treat it as normally as possible.

Law schools are desperately trying to return to "normal" right now for quite a few reasons. Even if next fall/spring are online, they will very likely return to in-person at some point during your three years; and they'll expect you to attend.

Also on an unrelated note, online law school sorta sucks. Lol

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Things are more likely to get better than worse (esp with vaccine) in Fall 2021 compared to Fall 2020, so I would say look at what law schools are doing now and assume it will be either that or slightly better in the fall. I don't think a school that is in a hybrid model now will switch to fully online. My biggest question is for the fully online schools - how long can they stay fully online w/o a massive sacrifice in quality