Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT writing

ekw9ekw9 Core Member
in General 30 karma

How long does it take for LSAC to process the writing samples? I took the November exam and the earliest I can take it is Friday and I am worried I wont get my score back on time. Not the end of the world I guess, just curious if others have had a quick turnaround

Comments

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4577 karma

Some people have gotten a turnaround in 4 business days and others have gotten a turnaround in 3 weeks.

To get the best results, avoid getting your test flagged for review. That means make sure you are following all the directions so there is are no suspicions from LSAC that need to be addressed. Things like ripping up your scratch paper is extremely important. The Powerscore podcast on the November LSAT covers the topic so I would give it a listen if you have other questions.

• cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
    edited November 2020 496 karma

@ekw9 I took the November exam as well, and did the writing portion on Oct 30th, mine didn't get flagged that I'm aware of but it took about 2 weeks. If you're doing it Friday I'm not sure you will get your score if they're released on the 24th. That being said it can obviously take less time. But giving only one business day before scores are released could be pushing it.
    Good luck!

• MartianmanMartianman Core Member
    211 karma

I did not rip my scratch paper (I didn't use it at all, not sure if that matters or not) and was worried my ID picture would be too blurry, however I received my approved writing sample in 4 days.

• grace099grace099 Alum Member
    132 karma

Have u guys tried the Get Acquainted on the LSAC website ?? I wanna practice writing before actually taking the exam, but don’t know how to. I’ve installed the software and everything but can’t get around to practice the writing sample. #help

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

I took it in October, probably a busier test date because they had domestic and international applicants testing, and got it back in a week, 5 business days.

• I took my writing section on November 15th and got in back on the 19th so I do not think you will need to worry