Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Writing

Meghan D.Meghan D. Member
in General 24 karma

Hey guys, I just finished the LSAT writing portion and I am freaking out a bit. I forgot to show my scratch paper during my video of my desk and room. But right when the exam started I realized I hadn't shown it yet, so I held it up and showed both sides right before I started. Do you guys think that is okay? Should I contact LSAC? I am worried they will throw out my writing and make me do it again. Let me know what you think! #Help!!

Comments

• Bushy_BrowBushy_Brow Yearly Member
    61 karma

I forgot to show the back side of my scratch paper but still got it approved in two weeks. I called LSAC multiple times to see if it'd get disqualified but their response was always same: you'll know when you get your result within 3 weeks, and if you were flagged for any reasons, you would see "security irregularity" under your result. This is just my personal experience with LSAC. I hope it's helpful.

• Meghan D.Meghan D. Member
    24 karma

Okay, I emailed them. But that’s super helpful and good to know! Thank you! @Gaara1298

• JLawSchoolCJLawSchoolC Member
    115 karma

After submitting the writing section and reviewing, all you had to do was logout or exit out right? Nervous if I was supposed to do anything else.

• JLawSchoolCJLawSchoolC Member
    edited November 2020 115 karma

were we supposed to rip up our paper before exiting????

• cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
    496 karma

@JLawSchoolC nope!

• madi2639madi2639 Member
    117 karma

I didn't show my paper either and my writing sample was approved within about a week!

• grace099grace099 Alum Member
    132 karma

Hey u guys did any of u practice on ‘Get Acquainted’. I’ve downloaded the software and everything but just can’t get around to doing the writing practice , every time I get in there, it makes me do all the room check and everything and I just exit the programme thinking I’ll get into the actual exam while I’m just trying to practice..not sure how to practice on Get Acquainted..#Help

• rcohen98rcohen98 Member
    35 karma

@grace099 said:
    Hey u guys did any of u practice on ‘Get Acquainted’. I’ve downloaded the software and everything but just can’t get around to doing the writing practice , every time I get in there, it makes me do all the room check and everything and I just exit the programme thinking I’ll get into the actual exam while I’m just trying to practice..not sure how to practice on Get Acquainted..#Help

I was kinda nervous as well during Get Acquainted since it felt so real, but if you keep going after the ID/room check it really is just a practice round. It won’t somehow start the actual writing portion. It was nice to get a little familiarized with the platform but it’s wasn’t too helpful overall.

• grace099grace099 Alum Member
    132 karma

@rcohen98..so u can only get upto the room check part and not the actual portion in Get Acquainted?? Cz in the Writing Video, I think it says that u can write some samples and the law schools cant see it..what’s that about then?

• cat.casacat.casa Member
    168 karma

for the Getting Acquainted thing, after you do all the room checks/everything, it just takes you to a page that has the same format for the writing sample thing, but it doesn't actually give you any prompts or practice writing samples. It just lets you get familiar with the layout of the webpage/textbox you'll be writing in so there are no surprises/technical difficulties.