Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thanks 7Sage! 150 diag --> 177 Nov flex!

I am honestly shocked. I took the June LSAT and scored a 165 so I had minimal hopes for Nov but !!!
With a 3.3 GPA, I was only shooting for like Fordham and was gonna BS my essays but now I don't even know where to apply.
JY and this community really came down and saved my soul from student debt. god bless
sorry this is braggy but I feel like all the previous high 170 scorer posts I've seen had diagnostics in the 160s which can be really discouraging, so even if you have a low diagnostic, it's possible ppl!

Comments

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    4306 karma

I can feel your excitement through this lol I love it, Congrats!

• cat.casacat.casa Member
    168 karma

@"Law and Yoda" Thank you little baby yoda!!

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Phenomenal score... good job!

• whatlikeitshardwhatlikeitshard Alum Member
    220 karma

Congrats on an incredible score!! Can you share your study strategy?

• mitchell-5mitchell-5 Member
    100 karma

How was the LSAT flex? Is it a lot easier than the full length LSAT?

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4577 karma

Congratulations!!

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

Major congrats! It is always most inspiring to me to see these major score jumps.

• 1952 karma

congrats!! great job!

168 karma

@whatlikeitshard thanks! and I originally did TestMasters for like core curriculum stuff which got me up to low 160s. Then I just drilled 7sage questions. For LR and LG, I would pick a PT grouping given by 7sage so like PT's 1-35 or 36-59 or 59+. Then within PT 1-35, I would just drill questions by type and difficulty so like doing all the Flaw Questions - Easy, then Medium, etc. I feel like drilling questions by type gives you a better sense of how to attack each type/move quicker. Once I finished all the LR and LG questions for PT 1-35, I moved onto 36-59 and again with 59+. I did that for June.
    Then, for November I spent a month restudying where I would just drill all the hard and hardest questions and take practice tests.
    I didn't study a ton for RC but what I found helpful was drilling the must be true and most strongly supported LR questions. I feel like those question types help you to differentiate between the answer choices for RC since it often seems like they're all plausible.

168 karma

@mitchell-5 I've only ever done practice non-flex lsats but from my experience it seems like the FLEX is a bit nicer since it has less sections so it's less draining. Also, the FLEX sometimes repeats old LSAT questions, mainly from like the European and international LSAT's from what I can tell so at least no questions are like radically new for the Flex.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Congratulations!

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14039 karma

You have a pretty decent shot everywhere! Congratulations!

Don't forget to share the good news when you get into your dream school. :)

• whatlikeitshardwhatlikeitshard Alum Member
    220 karma

@"cat.casa" said:
    @whatlikeitshard thanks! and I originally did TestMasters for like core curriculum stuff which got me up to low 160s. Then I just drilled 7sage questions. For LR and LG, I would pick a PT grouping given by 7sage so like PT's 1-35 or 36-59 or 59+. Then within PT 1-35, I would just drill questions by type and difficulty so like doing all the Flaw Questions - Easy, then Medium, etc. I feel like drilling questions by type gives you a better sense of how to attack each type/move quicker. Once I finished all the LR and LG questions for PT 1-35, I moved onto 36-59 and again with 59+. I did that for June.
    Then, for November I spent a month restudying where I would just drill all the hard and hardest questions and take practice tests.
    I didn't study a ton for RC but what I found helpful was drilling the must be true and most strongly supported LR questions. I feel like those question types help you to differentiate between the answer choices for RC since it often seems like they're all plausible.

Thank you so much! Great studying advice.

• Da_WunDa_Wun Member
    edited November 2020 72 karma

Congratulations on your 177, I can't imagine what a journey this must have been! (both studywise and personal life wise haha)

• BadReasoning2022BadReasoning2022 Alum Member
    110 karma

very encouraging!

• Burt ReynoldsBurt Reynolds Alum Member Sage
    957 karma

Amazing achievement -- congrats @"cat.casa" ! Also, cool username lol

• dutchiebrowndutchiebrown Member
    170 karma

Congrats on the amazing score!!

• chaplin___chaplin___ Alum Member
    596 karma

this is amazing!! congrats!!

• McBeck418McBeck418 Member
    500 karma

Awesome! Congrats!

• Alice003Alice003 Live Member
    691 karma

Thank you for sharing! Congratulations!!! How long did you study to get that score? Thanks again!