Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking Breaks

BenjaminSakaBenjaminSaka Member
in General 214 karma

What are your guys schedules like? I've had a lot of free time while I've been waiting for my classes to begin, and I've found it very difficult to study LR effiecently for long periods of time. After a couple hours of intense study I start to make a lot of mistakes as my concentration lapses. I've found that taking a day off helped a lot.

Curious how you guys approach breaks.

Comments

• CSieck3507CSieck3507 Member
    1376 karma

My main schedule (which may be different since I work full time) is doing at least 2 hours a day. I focus on doing 1-2 sections of LG the first hour because I really feel it gets my brain working. After I focus on LR. I first go through my flaw flashcards to understand what flaws the LSAT will throw at me. After, I will do 2 timed sections with 12-13 questions. Some days I'll pick the odd questions from PT's and some I will pick even questions. I think of this as a "warmup" to get ready for a full timed section. Also, I use these warmup's to really understand what questions I have difficulty with so that when I do timed sections, I know which ones to skip and come back too. For RC I do an untimed passage 3-4 days a week. Right now I am focusing on the memory method so I can really understand how RC passages flow and look for MP, tone, structure etc.

On my days off of work, I do 1 new LG game that I have never done before. I first do a warmup set of LG to get ready and then I take the full section. After, I BR and see where I went wrong if I missed any questions. Next, I do an LR warmup section, BR it, and then take a small break anywhere between 5-10 min. Then, I get super focused on doing a timed LR section focusing on all of my tasks on how to approach the section which I have practiced by doing the "warmup" questions. I finish that and then BR while writing notes on why I may have missed certain questions. I then take a break since I am pretty mentally tired by going to the gym or something. Later in the day I will do my RC untimed section and watch JY's explanations on how he approached the passage and how he attacks the questions.

This is pretty much my daily schedule throughout the week. Hope it helps!