Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Are Logic Games Gone for Good? - 7Sage Forum

Are Logic Games Gone for Good?

erik.sundiuserik.sundius Yearly Member

I understand there was a pending case against LSAC to have the logic games removed and that the LSAT-flex currently consists of 3 as opposed to original 4 sections. Is the LSAT-flex representative of the test we should expect to see the future or merely an accommodative form given our current environment (covid)?

Comments

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Alum Member
    2249 karma

LG are here to stay for a good while. It takes years to develop a new section, so don't worry lol the flexes for this year are sure to have LG

• erik.sundiuserik.sundius Yearly Member
    6 karma

Great, was afraid they had taken away my favorite part..
    Thank you for your help!

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8485 karma

The only thing we know for sure is that LSAC has said there will be an AR section that is different than the current one which will be available for people to take.

Consistent with the parties' agreement, LSAC will complete this work within the next four years, which will enable all prospective law school students to take an exam administered by LSAC that does not have the current AR section but continues to assess analytical reasoning abilities.

• They write the word "enable", it could be the case that every student has the opportunity to write a different AR section if the LSAC grants an exemption. The statement doesn't necessarily mean that they will be transitioning. Though i would guess that it probably would be the case that they would.

• An article I just read about it said that they would of had to of notified schools that the candidate was legally blind to explain that they graded him differently. I'm curious if perhaps there is a law that states that organizations or schools can't provide medical info about a candidate on a form as a way to ensure that a candidate isn't discriminated against. It's speculation but it would make their hardnosed position make more sense to me, it seems so weird if they thought this guy could do logic games without diagramming and didn't see that this was a major problem.

• mp41yfe1mp41yfe1 Member
    43 karma

LSAC used to list when an LSAT was done with accommodations and they got in trouble for it so no longer can so that may be the case. I'd imagine most legally blind students probably write a diversity statement or at least mention it somehow in their application either way though.