Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ProctorU Equipment Test

dremps44dremps44 Member
in General 25 karma

So I registered for ProctorU and did my equipment test and everything passed except for my RAM usage. It said I'm using 98% of my RAM and the max is 90%. I assumed this was because I had other applications open so I closed everything on my computer other than the window with the equipment test, and the RAM category still failed. Is this an issue that will prevent me from writing on test day?

Comments

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

I have the same issue!

• sarahsarahsarahsarahsarahsarah Core Member
    14 karma

Same thing happened to me -- I did the same thing (deleting apps and trying again). Mine worked after I restarted my computer then went into preferences and deleted a few old/larger files. Hope this helps!

• aszane21aszane21 Member
    350 karma

@dremps44 said:
    So I registered for ProctorU and did my equipment test and everything passed except for my RAM usage. It said I'm using 98% of my RAM and the max is 90%. I assumed this was because I had other applications open so I closed everything on my computer other than the window with the equipment test, and the RAM category still failed. Is this an issue that will prevent me from writing on test day?

You probably have some background apps running? What's your computer's RAM? If its 4 GB then you're probably not going to be able to pass and even 8 might have some trouble

• dremps44dremps44 Member
    25 karma

Okay I fixed it. For anyone with a similar issue on a mac, press command+spacebar, type in activity monitor, and then click memory and just close out things running in the background that you don't need until you pass the test.

• badioucebadiouce Member
    20 karma

thank you dremps44, i will try that out

• woods.tyler31woods.tyler31 Member
    edited January 2021 49 karma

This happened to me and closing all the windows and going back in fixed it. Someone on reddit also suggested restarting your computer.

• SinghE660SinghE660 Core Member
    34 karma

I have been unable to fix this issue using the above mentioned methods. I have also updated my Mac and it does not seem to be fixing the issue. Does anyone know if this will cause problems on test day?