Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why can't I edit comments right after posting them? The gear icon often does not show up until later

As the title says:

Comments

• Theo - Student ServiceTheo - Student Service Member Moderator Student Services
    858 karma

Hi there,

Sorry about that.

I tried posting a new comment, but I'm afraid I was not able to reproduce your issue. The gear icon immediately shows up on my end. I'm using Google Chrome on Windows.

Please see GIF below:

Can you please let me know how long does the gear icon show up after you've posted a comment on your end? Can you also let us know what device you are using (e.g. Tablet, Laptop, etc.)?

In the meantime, you can try using a different web browser, or device.

Please let us know how it goes, we'll be here to help!

You can also send us an email at studentservice@7sage.com

• whatsmynamewhatsmyname Member
    edited January 2021 606 karma

@"Theo --" said:

1.win 7 laptop
    2. win 10 desktop
    3. Android phone

updated firefox on all

gear icon will show up sometimes

edit: now its showing up (phone-android-ff) , other times it wont

• Theo - Student ServiceTheo - Student Service Member Moderator Student Services
    858 karma

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble!

Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce your issue on Firefox as well. I tested it out a couple of times by creating a new discussion, but the gear icon always shows up immediately on my end.

See GIF below:

I want to get to the bottom of this and figure it out, so that it's working on your side too! Does the gear icon also not show up often when you make a comment using a different web browser?

We find that Google Chrome works best with our site.