Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

56% chance good enough?

dudekcdudekc Core Member

Using the predictor here on 7Sage, I have a 56% chance as it stands now of getting into the school I want most... Is this good enough? Should I shoot for a higher LSAT to increase my chances with this school and other schools or apply now and cross my fingers? Please let me know!

Comments

• TimeIsMoneyTimeIsMoney Member
    495 karma

I would apply now! It can't hurt. Maybe your chances are higher than that even. I've found the predictor to be somewhat accurate but generally, if you're over 50% you have a better chance of getting in than not. Worst case you could just get your score up and apply again early in the fall.

• honeybeeshoneybees Member
    16 karma

I got accepted to a law school with a 33% chance on 7sage predictor. Shoot your shot!

• acquadiiceacquadiice Core Member
    121 karma

@honeybees said:
    I got accepted to a law school with a 33% chance on 7sage predictor. Shoot your shot!

this is the way

• 99thPercentileOrDieTryin99thPercentileOrDieTryin Free Trial Member
    652 karma

I am a 1L at a school I had a 20% chance of getting into. I even got a good scholarship. On the other hand, I was waitlisted at a school where the predictor gave me chances at around 70%.

You never really know. Go for it!

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

The predictor tool is an estimate. Don't hinge your application on that. Shoot the shot.

• 59 karma

I applied last year to a school I had a 30% chance and got in! so YOLO doesn't hurt to apply!

• cpccall608cpccall608 Free Trial Member
    140 karma

This thread is giving me hope!

• rmmccoy94rmmccoy94 Core Member
    53 karma

They had a blog post somewhere on how to interpret the predictor (and it also echoed what everyone else was saying that it's just an estimate based on hard stats). Anyway it was like 0-20% was a super reach, 21-40% was a reach, 41-60% target, 61-80% likely target, and 81-100% a safety.

Of course these are subjective and while GPA and LSATs are the most important part of an application, there is so much that goes into it. So all in all, a long way of saying a school where you have a 56% chance should be considered in your wheelhouse in terms of stats. Nothing is guaranteed -- but you lose nothing by applying. You won't know if you can or can't get in until you actually apply.

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

Shoot your shot!