Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Macbook Pro & ProctorU

hellomehellome Core Member

Hello! I'm taking my first LSAT ever this April and want to be sure that I'm well-prepped equipment/tech wise. Quite a few people mentioned they had tech issues using a Mac with ProctorU and this is making me extremely NERVOUS!

Can you please share your experience and any tips/insight you have? I wonder if I need to borrow a PC laptop from someone for exam day. Thank you!

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8318 karma

I had issues getting an equipment check pass running Big Sur on a 2015 air. Kept giving me a ram fail. Same laptop ran flawlessly for flex on Sierra. ProctorU was no help. Ended up just switching to a pro that hadn't updated OS yet. I've also seen people report update prompts despite being set to "do not disturb". I'd suggest just vetting your equipment as you will be using it for the test early on, and making sure all updates are done or turned off/postponed before the test

• dpenadpena Member
    103 karma

Hey the system they are using is "Support-LogMeinRescue" I contacted this company and its NOT compatible with my MAC I had a horrible test day. My recommendation request one of LSATS devices or use a PC

• woods.tyler31woods.tyler31 Member
    49 karma

No issues on my MacBook Pro (2018). Just I recommend downloading google chrome to use instead of safari, LSAC suggests this as well.

• AlexJ_LSATAlexJ_LSAT Core Member
    141 karma

I have been looking on Reddit for Macbook related issues and they don't seem common.

• 39 karma

I used a mac and had the worst test day experience. I was interrupted over a dozen times. Yes..one dozen. Play it safe and take it with a PC.

• AlexJ_LSATAlexJ_LSAT Core Member
    141 karma

@CJtryinghisbest said:
    I used a mac and had the worst test day experience. I was interrupted over a dozen times. Yes..one dozen. Play it safe and take it with a PC.

Could you please specify on the interruptions? Were they notifications or something else?

• Kbarry1337Kbarry1337 Core Member
    edited January 2021 5 karma

I have a 2020 MacBook Air and have taken the FLEX on it 3 times (lol). I never had any issues on test day, just make sure to put it into "do not disturb" mode. I believe you'll also have to allow the remote software access in system preferences > accessibility.

• 39 karma

@AlexJ_LSAT said:

@CJtryinghisbest said:

Could you please specify on the interruptions? Were they notifications or something else?

They would take control of my mouse in the middle of the test. The chat box would pop up stating that the video went down. Then they would not pause the test so time kept ticking. Completely through me off of my LG mojo.

• hellomehellome Core Member
    44 karma

Thank you everyone!

• RyanazRRyanazR Member
    208 karma

@canihazJD random: but can I just say how lovely and helpful you have been on the forums!? I look up to you a lot and I hope you get into the school of your dreams :D

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8318 karma

@RyanazR said:
    @canihazJD random: but can I just say how lovely and helpful you have been on the forums!? I look up to you a lot and I hope you get into the school of your dreams :D

Hey! Thanks, I really appreciate that. I like to think that if anything, I am an example of how anyone can improve on this test... something that wouldn't have happened without this community, so I try to be helpful when I can. Hopefully I can finish out strong. I wish you the best as well!