Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

can i close the gap????

Gee-dawgGee-dawg Member
edited February 2021 in General 319 karma

Hi guys,

I am in need of advice regarding what to do next? I have been studying for the LSAT since July 2020 and plan on taking the February LSAT Flex (potentially the one in April too). My past few LSAT scores have been in the low 160s while BR is above 170. I realize timing is my biggest issue and being a slow reader doesn't help. I think not being a native English speaker really hurts my RC reading speed. I usually run out of time before i can even get to the last passage. Has anyone been in the same position as me before? Any recommendations on what i should do next? What would benefit me the most to keep doing a PT every day or every other day or intense drilling on weak points? My target goal is 168+. Is it realistic to close the gap by February? I've been studying pretty much full time. Please and thank you!

Comments

• jacacauhjacacauh Core Member
    10 karma

I was just on reddit and someone who got a 180 recommended an app called Spreeder to improve your reading time while retaining your understanding.

• Gee-dawgGee-dawg Member
    319 karma

ill look into that, thanks so much!

• GTFOHLSATGTFOHLSAT Member
    76 karma

Commenting to get this thread on top. I often wonder how other non-native english speakers have done it as well. Mine journey has been kind of similar with high BR scores while kind of significantly lower in my timed ones.

319 karma

@GTFOHLSAT said:
    Commenting to get this thread on top. I often wonder how other non-native english speakers have done it as well. Mine journey has been kind of similar with high BR scores while kind of significantly lower in my timed ones.

Thank you! Hoping people will reach out with some advice.

319 karma

@GTFOHLSAT how long did it take you to close the gap?

• GTFOHLSATGTFOHLSAT Member
    76 karma

@"Gee-dawg" said:
    @GTFOHLSAT how long did it take you to close the gap?

Hey, I haven't really been able to close the gap just yet. I talked to some folks, and they pretty much just told me to PT crazily. I feel like there must be other ways to supplement/enhance reading skills. But I guess there isn't really any other way around it. Just read, I guess.