Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Devastated after January LSAT results

CATHARINACATHARINA Member
edited February 2021 in General 39 karma

I've been studying for the LSAT for a long time. At this point I have taken it 6 times and not once scored even remotely close to my PTs. In fact, before January I was scoring mostly high 160s, low 170s and got a 157 on the actual test. I wasnt nervous, I didnt have any hiccups, and it did not feel hard. Usually I am a great test taker. Yet I cannot get even CLOSE to my PTs. I don't know what to do anymore. My highest official score is 161 and it is nowhere close to any of the universities I would consider attending.
I don't know what to do or how to explain this outcome.
What do I do??

Comments

• asdf12345asdf12345 Member
    271 karma

I’m on the same boat as you. My pt average for the last 8 pts have been 170 and i just got hit with a 161. I want to go cry. I’m such a disappointment

• malloryatxmalloryatx Member
    77 karma

Same. I regressed, like really, really badly. My PTs have been consistently in the mid 160s and my first test I scored a 155.

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

I just scored a 150 lower than where I was a year ago and had just scored my first 160 a weekend before test day! this is a hard test. I am devastated.

• Masters512xMasters512x Member
    81 karma

I did worse this second time around after using 7sage for 4 months and was PTing pretty well...

• Burt ReynoldsBurt Reynolds Alum Member Sage
    957 karma

I had been in the 170s on my last 6 PTS.... I got a166. I'm usually not an emotional person, but you can bet I cried. It's been months since I've scored that low.

• wapet2231-1-1wapet2231-1-1 Member
    18 karma

Same here I got high 160s last exam but i got 159 this exam... I thought I studied hard for this one... Im lost

• Masters512xMasters512x Member
    81 karma

What is everyone's plan of action? I'm thinking of retaking in June.

• malloryatxmalloryatx Member
    77 karma

Also curious what everyone's plans are - I have reached out to the schools I have already submitted apps for to set up a call and discuss my best course of action and if I should plan on retaking in April.

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

is anyone else applying within Canada?

• adrianaisabeladrianaisabel Member
    56 karma

Same. Studied for months. Haven't gone below 165 in months (and have been hitting 170+ consistently). Got a 158. I know it's far more likely that I just flopped instead of them messing up their scores but man this hurts! I am planning to see if I can miraculously convince them to give me a Feb test date or register for April if not, and submit now with an addendum :(

• CATHARINACATHARINA Member
    39 karma

Im wondering if I should talk to several tutors and see if they know what my problem is. Clearly there has to be more to it when the discrepancy is that large. Also, I might retake the April one but that is a BIG BIG maybe because clearly I couldnt resolve the issues I had with the test in my last few attempts.

I think anyone who has only retaken once or twice should definitely consider taking it again. It can't hurt.

• CATHARINACATHARINA Member
    39 karma

@adrianaisabel said:
    Same. Studied for months. Haven't gone below 165 in months (and have been hitting 170+ consistently). Got a 158. I know it's far more likely that I just flopped instead of them messing up their scores but man this hurts! I am planning to see if I can miraculously convince them to give me a Feb test date or register for April if not, and submit now with an addendum :(

If Feb works can you please let me know? Since I got 157 twice in a row I am seriously wondering if they made a mistake (probably not).

• adrianaisabeladrianaisabel Member
    56 karma

@CATHARINA said:

@adrianaisabel said:

If Feb works can you please let me know? Since I got 157 twice in a row I am seriously wondering if they made a mistake (probably not).

Will do! Just called and did not have any luck but that will not stop me... Lol. Going to try a few times and see if anyone is more helpful.

• 32 karma

How accurate are the PT scores for 7sage?

• cjrousseau7cjrousseau7 Core Member
    14 karma

This one was hard. Don't be discouraged.

• TheMommaBearTheMommaBear Member
    348 karma

What other resources are you using to study? I know our society likes a "one size fits all" approach to education, but that doesn't bear out in the real world. Maybe you need to try other methods that will help everything click better, so your results are more consistent. Maybe your brain will grasp things better with a slightly different explanation?

It could also be something as simple as you misread a couple rules in LG and lost most of the points there. Don't beat yourself up.

Are you able to retake? I'm not sure what the limits are anymore.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

I have always been an exceptional and confident test taker and didn't believe that I would suffer the test day penalty. I scored below my average on both my takes, though much closer than most of you have talked about. I don't know what it is about the LSAT, but it seems to affect almost everyone from what I hear.

I have a friend who had this problem. She studied and studied and just couldn't improve. Her LSAT was in the high 150's. She wrote an addendum about how hard she studied and how much she struggled with the LSAT. She got into GWU with some scholarship with I think a 157. It is still doable if you have a strong rest of your application. Hang in there. It is also not the end of the world if you delay a year. I know that each of you can find a good law school fit regardless. Good luck.

• Willa.HaoWilla.Hao Yearly Member
    54 karma

same here, my PTs were attending 170+ but I really do not know why in real test I just got 158. I just do not know why, feel lost. Anyone has any advice? thanks in advance.