Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long does the "process" take? Needing reassurance about LR...

hahahelpplzhahahelpplz Free Trial Member
edited February 2021 in Logical Reasoning 5 karma

I took my first full section of LR after completing the CC (and for the first time ever), and I got -4 (but I kinda view it as -5 since I was really unsure about one of the questions). Because of the goals I have set for myself (to get a 175+), I was very frustrated. The 4 I got wrong were in the 17-25 range, so at least they weren't from the first 15. I watched the explanation videos, which honestly just made me angry at LSAC (lol) because I thought "how in the world was I supposed to figure this out in ~a min." One of the reasons I was especially frustrated was because the questions I got wrong all but required the use of lawgic, and I've invested a lot of time in learning lawgic; however, these questions more so relied on not only knowing lawgic but being able to manipulate it into different forms incredibly quickly. On the bright side, I now know that I need to spend a lot more time ensuring that I know lawgic like the back of my hand. On the down side, I was incredibly discouraged because I just feel like I'm never going to be able to grasp the hardest questions given the time constraint.

I've heard of the wonders of the foolproof method in regards to LGs, but does the same apply to LR? Will the patterns really start to appear? I'm probably being hard on myself since this was my first full section, but I pretty much feel like I need to be at -0/-1 in LR.

Comments

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Hello @hahahelpplz I think you are on track for that 175+ you got -4 just after CC is great! Yes in LR you will start to notice patterns in thee stimulus and in the answer choices. The LSAC likes to recycle wrong answer choices and it will be easier to spot them and cross them off fast and that will help with speed and accuracy. I don't know it the foolproof method for LG can transfer 100% over to LR but it will be close. I would recommend keeping track of the questions that give you trouble and you will start to see a pattern of 'types' of questions that give you the most trouble and then you can drill them. Do not be discouraged a -4 on your first section after CC is a great great place to start.

• Whynot160Whynot160 Core Member
    66 karma

Ive been on my process for almost more than 2 whole years now and honestly the "process" came with consistency. In the 3 months I spent actually studying 5 days a week minimum my scores dramatically improved. It is all about if you can buckle down and get the work done!