Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Total Silence

lawyerly445lawyerly445 Member
edited February 2021 in Law School Admissions 18 karma

I applied to 18 law schools, with most law schools acknowledging receipt of my application between December 8th and 16th. Most of those law schools fall within the top 20. So far, I have only heard back from 1 school (an acceptance), and that was the single school that I had applied to in January. It's been total silence from the other 17 schools -- no interview requests, rejections, or acceptances. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

It's slower than normal this cycle, but that was to be expected due to the increase in applicants and high scores. So, no you shouldn't be concerned specifically about the wait.

• lawyerly445lawyerly445 Member
    18 karma

Thanks canihazJD!

• CRISPR24CRISPR24 Alum Member
    262 karma

No news is good news I think.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

Agree with both @canihazJD and @CRISPR24 Very slow cycle and it is easier and faster to reject than to sort out which fantastic apps you will accept. I applied over the holidays and have only gotten one rejection back, which was from one of the last schools I applied to. At least now I know I won't have to put up with those obnoxious New England football fans.