Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Practice Tests

tguid13tguid13 Member
in General 14 karma

Hello,

I was curious how often I should be taking practice tests? Here is more insight into my study schedule/plan:

• Started 7sage 1 month ago (I have only taken one PT and it was my diagnostic which is a 150)
  • Also reading the LSAT Trainer and Power Score Bibles on the side
  • Study approximately 3-6 hours, 6x a week (going to start increasing more soon)
  • Registered for the June 2021 LSAT Flex
  • Target score is a 160+

I wanted to know if I should just be scrolling down at the bottom of the syllabus and take practice tests every week?

Comments

• WouldRatherBeEatingWouldRatherBeEating Alum Member
    456 karma

Save your practice tests until after you finish the core curriculum. You’ll then want to then take maybe 1 (or potentially 2) practice tests a week. Plan out so the newest practice test is taken closest to your lsat date. Taking practice tests is a good diagnostic to know what you need to focus on, but for right now, you should just work on those foundational skills. Once you finish that CC, you’ll be able to take practice tests to identify weaknesses, and then drill those specific sections or question types.

• sschch97sschch97 Core Member
    92 karma

I took about one a week and then followed it with days of heavily understanding all my wrong answers and then deeply studying certain concepts before my next PT! I don't recommend studying more than 6 hours a day though, you will potentially suffer burnout by June. I suffered major burnout when I gave myself only 7 weeks with 6 hours a day to test into the 160s. Instead maybe consider trying 3-4 hours in increments throughout each day :)