Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7Sage Predictor (Latest data?)

akarjekerakarjeker Alum Member

Hi - does anyone know how updated the 7Sage Predictor is / how accurate it is?

I'm not asking for precision, e.g. whether it gets 20% predictions correct 20% of the time, but more of the relative trade-offs. I scored 3 pts lower on the October 2020 exam than my average, but it looks like if I take the January 2021 exam and apply in February 2021, hitting my average LSAT score is balanced out by applying later.

Comments

• Noise DogoodNoise Dogood Core Member
    240 karma

Following!! This might be already answered, but is there any difference between the 7sage algorithim/data and the mylsn one (https://mylsn.info/ijc1gt/)? Mylsn is way more generous in its probability rates than 7sage - taking both with a grain of salt, but want to know what the differences are in the two programs?

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

lsac has their own as well. I am not sure what all the differences are.

• akarjekerakarjeker Alum Member
    15 karma

For what it's worth - ended up not retaking and went with the earlier applications. 7Sage seems to have predicted things reasonably well so far.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    edited March 2021 2054 karma

@akarjeker in hindsight that was decidely the better decision. I think those that applied early are the only ones who saw odds like those of the predictor. I know someone with a 180 and a good GPA that applied in November or December who has yet to get a single outright acceptance. Their PS was strong as well. In any other year that would give them about a 1/3rd chance at Yale and Stanford and better than 60% from Harvard on down. It's crazy out there. Glad you submitted early and I hope things work out for you.