Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT 72 Section 3

harrison.krupnickharrison.krupnick Alum Member
in General 25 karma
Is section 3 of PT 72 unusually hard? I've been told that PT 72 is weird and I shouldn't be discouraged by lower scores on this test than the others. I'm working on LR and did fairly well on the first LR section of this PT but I did horribly on section 3. What are your experiences with this PT?

Comments

• brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    Ok, I can commiserate with you on this one. I used (!) to be able to count on LR to be pretty close to -2/-3 per section but as I've moved to more recent tests, 72 in particular, my score varying way more. Section 3 of 72 was the lowest LR score I've earned in quite a while.

I've decided to set my mind on finding out what has caused the decrease and reviewing and retaking these newer LR sections as many times as is needed. Let me know if your BR uncovers anything noteworthy.
  • visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    Same here, but when I went to review, I found a lot of my mistakes were pretty obvious. I was extremely not in the right state to PT when I did 72 and had a horrible score.
  • Dr. YamataDr. Yamata Member Inactive ⭐
    578 karma
    PT 72 was the one with that horrible game 4. I'm pretty sure the curve on that test reflected the fact that most people doing that game were just bubbling in random letters of words they could think up that were spelled with ABCDE. Bad Cead. Bead Ace. Aced bed.
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    edited June 2015 938 karma
    What prevented me from scoring in the low 160s happened to be the LG section... So I'm reviewing all LG sections from PT 70+ religiously. Also, what about section 3 was so hard compared to other LGs? It felt the same to me, but then again my focus was pretty air tight due to left over pre-workout in my system haha!