Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice needed regarding this Saturday's test

TesterooTesteroo Core Member
in General 10 karma

I could really use advice from other 7 Sagers. I've been subscriber and hanging out on the message boards since late last summer and I've seen this community give great input and support to each other. Can you help me make a decision?

Here's my situation. I'm a non-traditional student with 20+ years experience in healthcare administration, a masters degree (MHA) and a 3.0 undergrad GPA from 25+ years ago. I work full-time and took the the LSAT in February and scored a 153. Because of my life situation I need to start law school this year, even if it means going to a less than stellar program. I have no idea how schools will look at me since I'm not a superstar or even a splitter, so I've applied to a variety of schools (a T-20, several T-50s, and a few more down towards the bottom).

I registered to retake the test this Saturday and, for schools that offered, I've requested they hold off evaluating me until that score is available with hopes that I'll see an increase. But, my fulltime work schedule hasn't allowed much time to study and my recent PTs have only gone up by a few points (156).

So my question for ya'll is, should I cancel my test this Saturday if I'm not sure I can score higher? Even worse, what if I get a lower score - how would schools view that?

Comments

• edited April 2021 179 karma

Hi @Testeroo,

Congratulations on getting offers and continuing to study and work through such challenging times!

If you have concerns that you may score lower and if the lower score will hurt your confidence, then there is no point in taking the test again. If you are practising test taking conditions and really believe that you will score higher (not just 2/3 points) then take it again.

In regards to how schools would view a lower score, my research shows that some schools do not look at lower scores and that they only look at your highest score. There are, however, some schools that take an average of your LSAT scores, so I would check the school website to see which criteria they use.

I hope this helps!

• TesterooTesteroo Core Member
    10 karma

Thanks so much!