Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking Time Off Studying

BigJay20BigJay20 Member
in General 438 karma

What do you guys feel about taking an extended break?

I student 6 days a week (3, 2-hours sessions). Sometimes I'll do games for fun if I'm not tired or dabble with some weird LR question, or an untimed 90's ruthless passage- which can be a total of 7 hours per day. I've heard people who've had positive experiences taking about a week off. In my experience, the 6 days a week with sundays off works. Granted, I'm not as motivated as I am on friday & saturday as I'll be on a monday but I get through it. While I'm not burned out, I'm considering trying the extended off days to see if it'll impact my work. While there is some improvement, it no way reflects the work I'm putting in. I've become numb to the experience and treat it as a job. I don't excited to study but I don't put it off because I don't want to. I just stick to schedule.

What do you guys think about taking a week off? Have you tried it? How did it impact you?

Comments

• MissionLsatMissionLsat Member
    379 karma

If you are aiming for the June test. Then I would suggest you to take a week off right now. And then do continuous study for the next 1.5 months til the exam.

In my experience, the break did benefited me. I felt more motivated and eventually worked harder.

• WickedLostWickedLost Member
    481 karma

For me, it had the opposite effect. I was emotionally exhausted because I was also juggling 10-11 hour work days. I got to a breaking point mentally and took 3 weeks off and now I'm still struggling to get back to my study routine. But I do typically thrive on routine so I think it depends on who you are as a person (working out is the same deal, I do way better if I take one rest day rather than two consecutive ones).

• BigJay20BigJay20 Member
    438 karma

@WickedLost said:
    For me, it had the opposite effect. I was emotionally exhausted because I was also juggling 10-11 hour work days. I got to a breaking point mentally and took 3 weeks off and now I'm still struggling to get back to my study routine. But I do typically thrive on routine so I think it depends on who you are as a person (working out is the same deal, I do way better if I take one rest day rather than two consecutive ones).

yes, i'll stick to a routine lol

• BigJay20BigJay20 Member
    438 karma

@WickedLost said:

i'll just grind it out then lol. my reading comp is just inconsistent

• Slow is FastSlow is Fast Alum Member
    edited April 2021 445 karma

@BigJay20 why not try something in the middle, like 2-3 days? Give your brain a chance to rest but in a short enough time frame that you won't forget/lose skills.