Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR getting worse

CiaraUCLACiaraUCLA Member
edited May 2021 in Logical Reasoning 68 karma

When I first learned LR, it was my best section. 2-3 missed each time. Now I'm a year into my studies and I average 6-7 wrong. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. Maybe I feel less confident. I initially started with Blueprint, then Loophole, now 7sage. I can't take a break because I'm taking the June test. Please help, thanks!

Comments

• 97 karma

I backed off of LR once I knew I had that section down. I think I'm around the same 2-3 wrong in that section at this point.

Maybe you're over analyzing? I know that my performance improved with speed, surprisingly. If I get too analytic I fixate on one question, which slows me down and probably hurts my performance on subsequent questions.

This advice isn't consistent with formulaic methods of learning, but try going with your gut on this section during some PTs. On some level of consciousness you understand the LR section, so see if your performance could improve with a more intuitive approach.

Alternatively, maybe the Analytics can point to certain LR problems that you're getting wrong? Try brushing up on the logic behind those types of LR questions.

I'm taking the June LSAT too! Good luck!