Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paper or Online Prep Tests?

HorseBot3000HorseBot3000 Member
in General 13 karma

I'm currently doing PTs for the June LSAT-flex and am wondering whether to print them or simply do them online. I know it is best to recreate the testing atmosphere (doing them online), but I feel like it may be better to initially do a few of them on paper and refine the skills we were taught that way. Does anyone have advice?

Comments

• SheboyganBoiSheboyganBoi Member
    195 karma

I would personally just stick to doing on them on the computer. Doing them on paper vs on a computer are very different experiences, and I can't think of any advantages/benefits you would gain by practicing on paper to start when you know for sure that the test is going to be on the computer. Whether you're refining certain skills, practicing timing in one section, or doing a full PT, I think it's best to just get yourself acclimated/comfortable with the experience of doing it on a computer screen as much as possible.

• Slow is FastSlow is Fast Alum Member
    edited May 2021 445 karma

Spend a week or so doing them on paper if that helps you learn better. It would be a good idea to switch to online (or do a hybrid of paper & online) at some point because being able to read text on screen for hours is an unmentioned skill in itself on this test.

• HorseBot3000HorseBot3000 Member
    13 karma

Thanks for the responses! Thinking about it more over the past few minutes, I also think that I neglected the value of the analytics on 7Sage, which I would not be able to take full advantage of while doing the tests on paper.

• Slow is FastSlow is Fast Alum Member
    edited May 2021 445 karma

Oh yes, the analytics are great. Definitely do PTs online. But actually this convo inspired me to do some drills on paper (I have a couple of the Ten Actuals books) because I don't need data on my practice drills. 😊 Happy studying!

• tonyahardzinskitonyahardzinski Core Member
    307 karma

Do the online. I’m way better on paper tests (there is a lot of research we retain info better reading physical books/print) but we need to train ourselves to get used to the online test as much as I loathe it. I’m very anti tech in a lot of ways so this has been a big challenge for me.

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

You can always drill sections on paper if that's better for your actual learning. But you're not learning when you take the actual test. You're executing what you learned. So it makes the most sense to do full PTs only online.