Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not understanding video explanations?

Lily-YesICAN7Lily-YesICAN7 Alum Member
in General 35 karma

Hi all,

Sometimes after watching JY Video explanation and even doing a light google search on the question/reading other forums I still don't understand it.

How do you guys get through this? Do you just move on?

Comments

• YazzyYazYazzyYaz Core Member
    15 karma

Reading through the comments on the video explanations helps me. Don't be afraid to ask a question in the comments section of the video if you're still confused. This community is really great and if you ask a question, someone will respond and help you work through it.

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

Just moving on is the worst thing you can do. If you don't understand it now, how will you understand it if something similar comes up later?

Like YazzyYaz said, the comment sections for each video are a great place to ask. Additionally, some commenters provide explanations that may be clearer to you than the way JY explains it

• jmarin5jmarin5 Member
    162 karma

Not sure which section specifically you are referring to, but you can always find very good explanations and commonly raised questions/concerns (which may be the ones you have) on both the Manhattan PREP and Powerscore forums. They are especially helpful for LR in my experience.

• Lime Green DotLime Green Dot Member
    edited May 2021 1384 karma

you can always find very good explanations and commonly raised questions/concerns (which may be the ones you have) on both the Manhattan PREP and Powerscore forums.

I second this! It's always been helpful for me to cross-reference and see others instructors' written perspectives for tough Qs. I don't have a paid account on Manhattan, but I've had quick responses (about a day turnaround if I recall correctly) to my LR questions from their instructors. The same might be true of Powerscore, as their instructors also frequently post on their online forum.

• mellomelmellomel Alum Member
    292 karma

Sometimes just taking a break from the question and returning back helps. For questions that give me serious trouble, I let it go for the day and return to it with clear eyes the next morning.

Also, this might sound counterintuitive but I would suggest NOT resorting to explanations right away. First really try to understand the question by mapping it out and reading it a couple times and think about how you would explain it to someone else. Having your own interpretation of the question BEFORE watching JY's explanations or looking at other resources really makes a difference - especially in the long run.